Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Week 13- Starting to pop/dedication to Grammie

October 14th- So I decided to start wearing maternity clothes since I have 5 totes of them! Oh my gosh I should have worn them sooner because they are so comfy!!! I want my belly to pop out...my maid of honor Tina, would let me know that I have a poone!

Jeremy and I went to go see my Dzie Dzie and he thinks I might be having twins... girls. Jeremy wasn't too excited about twin girls. I think images of little Sami's running around terrifies him. He knows that he will just be handing over that credit card!!

The dogs had their grooming today and I got a hug from our vet. News spread in our doctor's office that we were expecting since one of the girls, Nikki, that always takes good care of our little ones is expecting as well so we have been sharing stories. She is a few weeks ahead of me so its fun to hear them! Can you tell not only the dogs are spoiled but that mama has a good relationship with the vet. I wouldn't want it any other way. For instance, since we have 3 little ones, I just take them back to the groomers area and help put them in their cages to be groomed. Most people aren't allowed back there, but my little ones get the special attention, which I love!!! Considering we go there every 6-8 weeks to get groomed, they should!!!

October 15th- We had lunch with Katie from my Masters class over the summer. We have become good friends and try to go out to lunch once a month. It's fun to keep up those friendships! I am so jealous that she is done with her Masters degree and I will have 3 classes left after I complete audit this fall. Less than 2 months to go!!!

October 17th- Today at work we had diversity day and I got to hang out with my old crew from the other building. Ben said every time he sees me I am touching my belly! they say the baby can feel you and since the baby is developing its fingers and toes that we should be touching the belly. I am a firm believer in that. I told Ben that the baby will know every ones touch before its born!

Margie had a party tonight at her house so the baby loved all the dips that mama tried. I kept going back and back for test tasting!! I think I made about 7 trips!

October 18th- We went over to Aunt Julie and Uncle Tony's house for poker tonight. It was good to see everyone. It was a smaller crowd than usual, but it was alot of fun! I loved it because Aunt Julie put her hand on my belly as soon as she saw me.. it was so cute! I am so open to everyone touching the belly! My dad still gets the total amount of time that he touches my belly. He is all over it! I told him that I want him in the delivery room with me if I can have 3 people. I am super close with my dad and he usually is the one to calm me down.. so he will be my voice in the delivery room. My mom will be the one giving me the pep talk saying I don't need the drugs and can do this!!! Which is what I will need because I am really into a natural birth without the drugs.

October 19th- Today my mom and I went shopping and we focused alot on the baby. She purchased a winter coat for me that will keep me and the baby warm throughout the winter. She saw the nursery furniture that we are looking at and she wanted to purchase it right then and there. She loved it!!! However she said Jeremy has to be there to make the purchase. She helped me narrow down the selection and I think we finally have a winner. Jeremy and I are gonna wait until after our next doctors appointment to make the purchase though and I am going to Chicago with my dad on the 24th (for the New Kids Concert) and we are doing some shopping in Chicago. I am hoping that we hit a few nursery stores. My dad is really good about asking questions and thinking things through. He was awesome when we planned the wedding and he is just great because he a thinker.. where I am trying to be like that more and more that we are having a baby. I just don't want to do an impulse buy! It will be one step closer to everything being ok if we wait until after the doctor's appointment! Next week is the big week where we go into our second trimester so it will be a big step!!!

Ok I have to say that Grammie (my mom) has purchased about 20 outfits already for the little one. This little one is so spoiled already!! I just love it!!! So far I have the outfits in our nursery, still in the bags because I have to get special detergent to wash them and then I have to wait on the nursery furniture before I can put them away!!! My parents are just loving the idea of being grandparents and its so wonderful. My mom is the absolute best as she checks in with me everyday. I can't thank her enough as this little one has everything we could ever wish for... love!!!

So I have to say that Aunt Joan has been so excited about this little one. She calls consistently about three times a week. Her and I are so close. We tell each other everything... if you think of a topic, you know that we have discussed it! I really admire her because she tells it how it is and doesn't pull any punches! She sent us a card this week for the baby and she had never done that before for anyone and just wanted us to know how special and excited she is about this little one. She told me that she will sit down to hold the baby as she doesn't want to walk and fall with the baby. She just can't wait to see me start popping out in the next few months to see how big I get. We have a little bet going on about how top heavy I will get!

October 20th- We celebrated Elizabeth's birthday last night at Texas Roadhouse and it is known that I have a belly now! I am really excited about it and want the whole world to know! Jeremy's dad agreed that I was getting top heavy and it was very noticeable! We all laughed about it as it is so true. I am told not to smoother the baby with those things! God gave them to me for a reason!

So this past week, I woke up with my belly button kinda hurting. It was only for a day, but that I noticed that... I am thinking that my skin is starting to stretch since I don't have a very big torso area for the baby.

No comments: