Wednesday, January 6, 2010

8 months-

January 6th- So Addie has become an expert crawler and she loves to pull herself up on everything. It takes her about 2 seconds and she is up on the highchair, leather chair, couch, TV stand, gate in the kitchen, standing in her crib even though its on the lowest setting, and her toys.




So yesterday was my first day back in the office. I don't think I've been away from her more than 2 hours or so for the past 2.5 weeks since Jeremy was off work and we spent time together as a family. I've been trying to start the bottle, but she isn't having anything to do with that. At daycare she didn't drink anything, but as soon as we got home she was wanting mama. Jeremy and I tried over break, but all she wants to do is chew it. I think it happens to be the fact that she is finally getting her 1st tooth!!! It's amazing at how sharp that little tooth is. It is on her bottom left. I think she is going to be one of those kids that gets 1 tooth at a time....fun times ahead for Jeremy and me and some sleepless nights.





So I haven't written about her and the dogs lately so I will update now. Bob and Addie do get along, but if she is getting close to him on the couch or on the floor, he takes off. Unless I make him sit and let her touch his back. He does like it when its lunch and dinner time as he takes advantage of any left overs from her food. I have a feeling that they will be buddies before too long. I do have to say that when we get home, Bob is the first to smell and check out Addie and give her kisses.




Riley and Addie get along the best. Addie can do whatever she wants and Riley lets her do it. Addie likes to grab her face and ears and Riley just lets her do that. She is so good with Addie. She is like her second mom...very protective and always watching her. Riley doesn't stray too far away from Addie when we have visitors. Riley is also known to just lay on the couch and Addie will go up to her and expect some kisses. It is just so adorable!!!



Russeau and Addie are doing good. She likes to play with his favorite toy, his soccer ball. It's funny because Addison will see it across the room and make a b-line crawling for it. Russeau then notices this and gets it. He plays nice, but it is his toy. She does get it every now and then and transfers it from hand to hand and tries to figure out the whole ball thing. It's cute to see her mind at work and trying to figure out things.





January 9th- So today I would be leaving Addie for about 30 hours and spending the night at Lauren's house and visiting with my SMC chicks and Pam's baby shower. It was Addie and daddy time! She did pretty good for him except she had a meltdown at 4 in the morning until 7 in the morning. She did ok with a bottle since I am trying to ween her, but its been so hard when its so easy to nurse her as I am home 5 days a week. I did struggle with leaving her, but I know that its good for me and her.





January 10th & 11th- I couldn't wait to get home to my little girl. Every time I called she was just playing and having a good old time. When I walked in the door, I got the biggest smile and it just melted my heart. I couldn't stop giving her kisses and squeezing her! We did ok going to bed, but then she woke up at 11. She didn't fall back asleep until 12:45 and I let her cry it out, which was the first time for this. It broke my heart to listen to her, but I knew I had to. I was in the computer room just in case she really needed me. She would whine for a few seconds and then stop....whine then stop so it wasn't screaming or anything. When she fell asleep she was bent over...head between her knees because she feel asleep in the corner of her crib "crying". well i couldn't let her be like that, so I moved her and then she woke up. I let her put herself back to sleep and she slept right up next to the bed rails. She slept until 7 in the morning and then we did our normal routine.



January 14th- Today Grammie visited us for awhile and we enjoyed playing with her train toy. Grammie was the caboose and the sound effects. We also went and visited Dzie Dzie. Addie was the hit of the nursing home. Everyone comes over to visit us while we are there and the older ladies just love her! I took tons of pics with my Dzie Dzie's stay and Mrs. Danik who always gives Addie a angel figurine (that she wins playing bingo) Addie has quite the collection of angels in her bedroom. After the visit, we went home and when Jeremy got home from work, Addie and I were upstairs getting her ready for bed but she was playing. We have the baby gates up at the top of the stairs and she likes to pretend she is in jail and trying to get out and shaking the gate. Well Jeremy was on the steps pressing his face and lips through the gate and Addie thought it was funny. I said give daddy a kiss as Jeremy puckered up his lips and she leaned in, with open mouth and gave him a kiss. She did this several times. It was just the cutest thing ever!



January 15th- When I got home from work, my dad came over to visit and had fun playing with Addie and her toys. She was so tired though from daycare that the visit was short. She had fun while it lasted.



When I know someone is coming over to visit (well it's just been my parents the past 2 weeks) that I put Addie at the window to look out and she smiles once she sees them getting out of the car and walking up to the door. It is just so exciting to see her face light up when she sees Grammie and Gramps. She then can't wait to be picked up as soon as they get in the door!

January 16th- we went over to Jeremy's parents house for dinner today with Adam, Elizabeth and Harrison. It was a fun visit and the babies played well together! Harrison showed off his crawling skills on the stairs! He was so awesome at it too! Addie has not attempted this yet as we have them blocked off with gates. Addie took a nap on Grandma and Harrison took a nap on Grandpa. it was so cute! We haven't seen Grandpa since Grandma's birthday so it was nice for her to see him.


********************
Addie has mastered the following:
*users her pincer grasp (she is an expert at this for awhile now)
*she pulls herself up to stand
*bangs objects together and on the table too
*says mama
* she knows how to make a room a tornado just happened with all of her toys!

We are working on:
*drinking from a sippy cup (she doesn't like anything but mama)
*playing patty cake
*Playing peek a boo
*waving goodbye

No comments: