Monday, May 16, 2011

April 9th- Leaving for Disney- Saturday

The day finally arrived!!! We are leaving for Florida today!!! Addie's first airplane ride. Our flight left South Bend around 1:00 and we arrived in Florida around 3:00. Because of some storms, the plane had a different flight route so we still got there about the same time. Addie was a trooper on the plane. As we waited about 45 minutes after boarding for others to get on teh plane and then get the plane set, Addie didn't like just being in our row and being crawaled. I gave her 4 sets of fruit snacks and made her drink her juice while the plane was taking off. I was so worried about her ears. She was fine! About 10 minutes in the air and she watched finding nemo and fell asleep. She was out on me the whole way. We had an empty seat next to us which was nice because I could strethc out a bit with holding Addie.


After we landed at Sanford International Airport, we got our luggage (4 huge bags, 4 carry ons, car seat and stroller, plus 2 purses! We made our way to the car rental. I am very happy that I rented with Enterprise because we were the second person in line and the lines for Budget and Hertz were forever out the door! We would have been waiting hours in those lines. Score for me booking that and watching priced very early on. I wanted a 7 to 8 passenger vehcile because of the luggage of 5 of us in the car. I wanted some room! So they let us pick either a Yukon or a Nissan Armada. Jeremy wanted to try out the Armada since this would be an option for our next vehicle. HE LOVED IT!! So for being in florida for 6 days, we were able to rent the car for less than $400! I thought that was awesome considering I looked the week we were leaving and they were going for $1,500.






After we got the car and loaded up, car seat in, we all piled in and the Aramda was HUGE! tons of leg room and very comfy too! I think we have decided this is going to be our next car when the time comes up.




So it is now about an hour drive to the villa from the airport. Addie has been such a trooper and is doing really good. Hardly any melt downs... just about 2 minutes worth on the plane because of us having to keep her in the seat for the count.



We get to the villa and mom and dad check in which takes a little time and Jeremy, Addie and I drive around the complex. Jeremy's parents have had a timeshare/villa at Westgate Vacation Villas. They have the biggest one avialable which is a 2 bedroom with a loft. If you are looking for a reasonable place to stay with stuff to do on the property and being a close distance to the parks, this is easy. You will have to have your own vehicle though. A little bit abotu the Villa.... THe master bedroom has a king size bed, a jacuzzi tub, seperate shower. It's probably easily 350 square feet. It's a huge master bedroom. The guest room has 2 beds. They seem to be full size. Addie and I were fine in 1 bed together, but Jeremy and I would have a challenge being in the same bed considering I sleep diagnogally! So he got his own bed and I got mine with Addie! I think the idea is that this bedroom woudl sleep 4 people. It has a connecting bathroom with a HUGE oval bathtub. It's like a mini swimming pool. Addie loved it. The loft has 2 "sofa beds" up there. So 2 more people can sleep up there. I envision the kiddos in the future years making this their place to sleep. Then there is a pull out couch in the living room that sleeps 2. So all in all it will sleep 10 people, but not privcey for 4 out of the 10 people. When all of us go down (Jeremy's parents, my parents, Adam and fam, and us) we will get 2 seperate villas. It will be so much easier. The villa is about 1100 square feet. It's huge! It comes with a kitchen with dishes and everything and has it's own washer and dryer, which came in handy to do your own laundry before we came home.









So now that we arrived to the villa, we actually had to stay in a different villa on Saturday night because our timeshare is from Sunday to Sunday and we arrived on Saturday and someone was in ours. no biggie. we just stayed in another villa right around the corner.









So after we unloaded the car, it was time to eat. We went to Golden Corral for dinner. We were hungry and wanted something quick, but not fast food.









After dinner, we went to Downtown Disney to purchase our park tickets for our trip. We decided to do the 4 day passes because I wanted to take her to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom for sure so that was 2 days. I also wanted to take her to Hollywood Studios because they have a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show and it's her favorite and I wanted to take her to see that, so that was 3 days. For $7 more, we got our 4th day... why not! So for $988 we got 4 adult passes to the park for 4 days. After getting the tickets, I made sure to take a picture with my phone since you only get 1 ticket for each person. just in case we lost them, I had our ticket number and scan code. After getting our tickets, we headed home, went to bed and were going to hit Animal Kingdom in the morning! We had a date with Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy at 8:05!

No comments: