Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Week 14- Baby's First Concert




October 21st- We have finally reached the second trimester!!! Today I received a poem from Debbie that I truly believe it sums up what I am about to experience and wouldn't change it for the world.


www.dltk-holidays.com/mom/motherhood.htm I had tears in my eyes after reading this.


October 22nd- Today we received a lullaby CD from Molly, Jesse and Abby. I can't wait to start getting the nursery ready and put a CD player in there so we can listen to it! I am sure that Jeremy will have to burn a copy for his car and my car as well!!!


Today we had dinner with the girls, Andrea, Lisa and Meg. We went to Granite City at UP mall and had a very fun evening. We all told stories and laughed alot! It was what we all needed! It's times like this that you realize how important friends are to have. I know that I have the greatest friends in the world and couldn't appreciate them more.

Andrea got the baby an adorable baby blue boy outfit and also a purple dress with little ruffle underpants! She just couldn't decide and had to get them both!!! They are so adorable!!! Thanks Aunt Andrea-- already spoiling your neice or nephew!

When I got home from dinner I noticed that Russeau was breathing heavy and was hoping that it would subside after awhile...well it wasn't. We called the emergency vet at 10:20 at night and they recommended that we bring him in.... so we got there at 10:55 and didn't leave until after midnight! They took x-rays on him and determined that he had some congestion in his lungs and might have asthma. They put him on antibiotics and we need to go to our vet on Saturday for a check-up. Needless to say I didn't go to bed until 2AM and then checked on Russeau every hour to make sure he was doing ok. We had him sleep in bed with us and he slept between mama's legs. I decided to work from home on Thursday so I could monitor Russeau's breathing and if I did need to take him to the vet I would be able to.



October 24th- So today would be the day that I would relive my grade school days with the childhood boy band of my dreams. NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!! Well I have to back track a little and say that it first started with my dad and me making the trip to Chicago. My dad took the day off of work and so did I to do a father-daughter day and also he drove me to Chicago so I wouldn't have to drive by myself during my pregnancy. Such the best dad in the world! Since I am documenting what baby and mama are going through I am going to put personal things in this. So since a common thing to happen during pregnancy is enlargement of breast size... I have already experienced this. I haven't been able to shop at normal stores as they do not carry my size, I was a 32G prior to becoming pregnant. So my dad and I parked at Water Tower Place and walked over to the 900 shops on Michigan Ave. My mission was to go to Intimacy where they specialize in a proper bra fitting. (thanks Lisa for telling me about this store) I didn't make an appointment and decided to take my chances for a walk-in appointment. My dad decided to go to Ethel's and enjoy a coffee while I did my personal shopping. Well come to find out my size has increased to a 32HH. Yep... I have majorly increased in the chest area. As my dad said... "Jr" will be a happy little guy if its a boy!


So now the shopping was done we had to have a late lunch. We decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory since its right there. I decided to have salad and a pizza and my dad had soup and salad. It was so cute because my dad tasted my meal just to make sure it was ok! So at lunch my dad gave me money to pay for the bras which was totally unexpected but so appreciated as they are super expensive. He wanted to do something to help out with the grand baby and be practical.

So after lunch we wanted to go get Garrett's popcorn on Michigan... so we walked down the few blocks to where it usually is and guess what... they moved as a hotel is going in on Michigan Ave. Needless to say we were running out of time and I had to meet the girls at the hotel so we could do dinner and then go to the concert. So we headed out of downtown Chicago and went to the hotel near Rosemont/Allstate Arena.

We arrive and met up with the girls. My dad stayed at the hotel and did homework and took a nap while we were at dinner and the concert. The girls (Lisa, Leslie, Kelli, and Stacie) all went to Giordano's for dinner and then the concert started at 9:00. We arrived 10 minutes before the first act... Tami Chynn (didn't have a clue who she was-- however I am sure the men in the audience liked her show). She played for about 15 minutes and then Natasha Benningfield played for about 30 minutes and she was great. She even went out in the audience after her performance to sign autographs... how cool was that! Then it was time for the main act... NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!! I have never heard so many screaming women in my life. It was awesome!!!! So they opened with Single... their new hit. Followed shortly by "the Right Stuff"... They looked awesome and really good. It wasn't cheesy or anything. They performed so many songs... During the middle of the concert when they were doing their single hits during wardrobe change... I ran to the bathroom really quick with the girls next to me that we met. One of the girls needed a female product and I said I couldn't help as I was pregnant. They let me cut in front of them and then the person in front of them let me go ahead too. How sweet was that?? Strangers were so nice and it was great.

So I came back and it was great timing because the best was in the middle of the show where they came to the back of the arena and did their "piano" performance and they were so close... it was great!!! It was like you could almost touch them. My favorite was seeing Jordan's shirt wide open.... sexy!!! Another favorite was at the end of the show when they do their encore and we knew they had 2 songs to play.... step by step and hangin tough. Well they came out and did Step by Step... I just can't even describe how wonderful it was. They did another bow and then they came back for another encore to Hangin' Tough... Oh my gosh... You wouldn't have thought that with women screaming for 2 hours straight that it couldn't get any louder and it did. This was the best part of the show... They ended on such a good note! It was like you didn't want it to end. During the concert I was feeling my belly alot and just thinking that my baby's first concert was my first concert in seventh grade... how neat is that!!! On top of it all too.. my dad took me to my other New Kids concerts in seventh and eighth grade and it just seemed to complete the picture when he took me to this New Kids Concert. Memories of a lifetime!

October 25th- We took Russeau to the vet for a check-up and he is fine now. I guess he is getting us used to being up at night and going on very little sleep. Today was a relaxing day as mama and baby needed to catch up on rest. We are both doing good and feeling great. My belly is starting to get alittle hard, but not always.

October 26th- I had my little cousins Matty's birthday party to go to today. He had a bowling party and it was so adorable to watch all those kids bowl with the bumpers up. They were having such a fun time. I was also told my Lorissa and her mom that I am having a girl. ALot of people are predicting a girl for us. I am not sure if that is because I am a girlie girl or what it is.... only time will tell.

October 27th- Mama turned 30 today! It was a great day. I got to spend lunch with my friends and dinner with the family. What could a girl ask for? We went to Hani Yori's for dinner and it was good!!! Baby enjoyed the food and everyone touching her belly! Gramps still gets the award for touching my belly the most. He touched it a few times during dinner and I know the baby will definitely know his touch. Jeremy still calls the baby "Baby Willis" my dad calls the baby "Jr". It's funny how everyone has their nicknames for the little one already.

I think I want to start doing a poll to see what people think I might be having. I have rarely heard anyone say that I am having a boy.....it's pretty much been all girl predictions.

No comments: