Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Week 15- Doctor's appointment

October 29th- So today we had a doctor's appointment and we heard the heartbeat immediately again. Thank you God! I asked the doc what the heart rate was and he said 160. Our little one was moving around alot when he had the doppler on my belly. We have an active little one. Our next appointment is scheduled for November 24th, which is on my dads birthday. We will not do an ultrasound at this one, but wait until our next appointment to do one. I did ask the doctor about my belly button and he said that it is very normal for the belly button to be sensitive during this time. So far I only gained a pound since my last doctor's visit... in total its been about 5 pounds that I have gained. I also asked him about my milk intake because I don't think it is where it should be. I've been having a hard time drinking milk lately. the prenatal vitamins will have the calcium in it, but if I wanted to I could take a supplement. He said this was very normal as alot of adults do not drink milk as they get older. So all in all everything seems to be going really good.

October 30th- Tonight Jeremy and I went out to see my Dzie Dzie at the rehab/nursing center and we helped him had out candy to the trick or treaters. Dzie Dzie didn't want us to leave he was having a good time handing out the candy and then we went back to his room to watch Wheel of Fortune. It was 7:30 and they were getting ready to get all the residents for bed so we decided to leave. He had a great day today. He knows about the baby and keeps telling me 2. He also kept telling me to sit down (I was standing next to him when we were handing out candy).

October 31st- Today was Halloween and Jeremy and I had fun handing out the candy to the little ones in the neighborhood. My mom stopped over after work and sat with us for awhile. She had a great time. She can't wait till next year when our little one is here!! We already have a costume for next year. Jeremy had to get it when we were shopping at Macy's. I think it was more for Jeremy's entertainment more than anything!!!

We had a party to go to at Aunt Julie's tonight and it was alot of fun. We talked with Jory (Brittany's boyfriend) about accounting. We visited with Aunt Kellie, Aunt Jill, Uncle Jeff and Sue and Tom... of course we still need to figure out the next girls night out.

Aunt Julie is so adorable as she is the first one to tell us that we are gonna have a boy. So far its been all girl predictions. We shall see....

Jeremy's mom gave us a book about prayers for our newborn. It was very sweet. We haven't started reading to the baby yet but will be in the next few weeks. So this will be a perfect start!!!

Update on mama and baby- so far so good. I am getting the rest that I need and still eating alot.

November 1st- Today the Irish played Pitt. Since the weather is suppose to be getting colder in November, I decided that I wasn't going to go to the game. Jeremy went with my dad. My dad realizes the importance to spend quality time with his son and its great. I am very lucky that they have a great relationship. So I took them and dropped them off for the game and picked them up after the 4th OT.... poor ND, they lost. My dad treated us to dinner after the game and I got my carmel apple too after the game!! Baby and Mama are so spoiled!

November 2nd- Today we went to Gina and Ben's house for waxing. Andrea, Lisa and Jenny were all there too. We had fun just hanging out and talking and so glad that I have such amazing friends. They are so much fun to be around and they care so much about the baby and always ask how we are doing. We are very lucky to have so many friends that care and take the time to ask how we are doing. Thanks!!!!

So after I finished eating dinner I thought I felt something in my belly move and think it was the baby. It would make sense since I just finished eating and I had my legs scrunched up so it was a little easier to feel. I told Jeremy and then he started to talk to my belly. I wanted to see if I could feel something again from his voice... all I felt was his vibration of his voice on my belly. He still continues to call the baby "Baby Willis". Only daddy would come up with a name so funny.

All in all, after 15 weeks I can't really say a bad word about pregnancy. I love it!!!! the baby has been very good to mama!

No comments: