Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 30- Maternity Pics

So this week I had a few meetings over in the other building at Crowe (my old stomping grounds) and I met with one of my old partners Paj. As soon as he saw me he touched the belly and this was just awesome. He is going to be a great grandpa one day. I also ran into Sarah who touched the belly too! Kassie who is a new addition to the tax department asked me if the baby was moving and since I was standing and was walking around, usually the baby isn't moving, but I tried and put her hand on my belly and she was so excited to feel a pregnant ladies belly as she has never felt one before. Unfortunately, the little one wasn't moving, but I will try to get the little one to move for her so she can feel the next time I am over in that building. The baby also received lots of love at Crowe this week from Hillary in the elevator! She just had a baby a few months ago and its just so nice to share these experiences with new moms.

Margie, our neighbor, came over this week and we chatted for an hour one night and she touched the belly. She calls in a checks on me and wants to know if the little one is moving and how we are doing. She is just so sweet.

So on Wednesday this week, Riley had a procedure done at the vet. She had a growth on her right side of her body and we decided to have it removed and the size was small enough to where she did not have to be sedated and could be done through a local numbing of the area. The procedure was very short and she ended up with 2 stitches on her side. We have to watch her so she doesn't itch it with her back leg and that the other dogs do not play with her too rough or to make sure they do not lick it. So far so good. Riley has been receiving special attention as she has been allowed to sleep in bed with us. We find out next week from the biopsy. We pray that everything will be benign.

After Riley's procedure an old high school friend, Kristen, came over with her two daughters, Brayden and Tyler. I helped Kristen with her taxes and we got caught up on old times. It's always good to reminisce as we've known each other for 16 years now.


On Thursday we went to the Notre Dame's basketball game with Meg and Josh to see ND win by 30 points against Louisville. The baby knows Aunt Meg for sure! I don't know if it hormones or just expected emotions, but at halftime, 4 soldiers were honored. They were all injured in the war. The first soldier introduced was burned and missing his arms, the second soldier was missing his arm, the third soldier was shot and the fourth soldier lost his legs and came out with crutches and prosthetic. I had tears flowing and just so thankful to our military for fighting for our freedom. As the student chanted "USA" I couldn't get a peep out as I couldn't control my tears. It was bittersweet to be there and see our soldiers. I wish that we did this more often at events as it is very important to recognize our military and country.


So at work today, one of the senior managers at Crowe, Betsy, came up to me and said that she had a very important lunch and that she had a very important question for me. Of course there have been alot of changes at work so I get nervous for these types of intros to questions. She made my day because the meeting was about the baby and throwing an after baby shower for me at work for my new group that I am in. They wanted to know if I would be ok with an after baby shower and for me to bring the little one in while I am on maternity leave and of course I was so honored and so appreciative. This will be our 4th shower and it just means so much to us. We really appreciate everything that everyone is doing for the baby and us.

On Friday the 13th it was very low key. I got flowers at work from Jeremy. He sent me tulips which are a flower that I like so he did good. Jeremy played basketball with the boys at ND. He loves to play basketball and I am sure if we have a boy that he will be teaching the little one how to shoot properly. Jeremy is very adamant on his shooting. When we watch basketball on tv and the 3 point shots that are made Jeremy can easily determine if the basket will be made. He is hardly wrong. He has an eye for this. Now if we have a little girl... I hope that she will take after me and want to play volleyball.

Valentine's Day- we started off the day by going to the barber shop. I have to admit that for a girl I shouldn't be going to the barber shop, but when Jeremy and I have shopping to do, I usually end up going with him. I actually love going to the barber shop with him. Roger and Jerry are some funny guys. Again, if we have a little boy, I am sure that Jeremy will be taking our little one to the barber shop. There were 3 little boys their getting their hair cuts and it was so cute to watch how they deal with a crying boy for the first time for the first hair cut. I will have to be their to capture the first haircut picture and also to collect that first piece of hair! Now if we have a girl, she will be going to the salon!

So after the barber shop, we went to the mall and ran into Kathy and her twin boys, Tyler and Dylan. She is married to a distant cousin so it was great to see them. They are expecting as well and not sure if they are going to have twins again. Their first ultrasound only shows 1 so far, but we will soon find out as that was done early. Kathy also touched the belly and we of coursed loved it.

I have to say that Aunt Joan and I continue our weekly chats and she checks in on me and the baby. She is just so excited for this little one and can't wait for the shower. 2 more weeks and our first shower will be here.

So it was dinner time on Valentine's day and my dad made reservations at Portofino's for us. We had dinner with my parents and I of course had my garlic bread which is just so yummy at Portofino's. Our waitress that we normally have is in Vegas right now getting married so we had a new waitress and she did a good job. The belly received lots of attention from the owner, Mary, and we also ran into some friends there that I play volleyball with, Tim and Laura. It was a great Valentine's Dinner!

Sunday- February 15th- We started the day at St. John Kanty church with my mom because there was a mass for my Busia (my mom's mom). My mom and I took up the gifts at mass and this was very special as the baby was involved too. During mass, my mom and Jeremy felt the baby move. The little one loves church music and just moves and moves all around!

After mass we went to visit Dzie Dzie and had an ok visit with him. He is getting older and his memory is fading. He still tells me 2 twin girls though. So far there is only one.

We had an appointment later in the day with a family friend, Cheryl, who is also a photographer and we were meeting for our maternity pictures! Our first pictures started with me and pictures of the belly and then continues to pictures of Jeremy, me and the belly and then Jeremy kissing the belly. When they are posted on her website I will let everyone know the link! I am so happy to have done maternity pictures because this is just an amazing experience in life that I want to document and show my little one. Jeremy and I hope to have more kids if we are blessed to. We know that we are very lucky to be having a baby and just hope the joy continues!

Monday - Feb 16th-
I took the day off from work to be with my mom today. We went shopping and got items for the baby shower and shopped today on top of other personal things that we did. We did the end day with visiting Dzie Dzie and he asked if the "babies were bouncing" I said he/she was just moving and I went to sit closer to him and he felt his great grandchild move. Just a tender sweet moment. He still tells me twin girls so we will see in a few months! At least he is consistent with his thoughts!

No comments: