Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Week 19- Turkey week!!!

November 25th- So I talked with Dr. Molly yesterday and it was good to catch up some more. I am so proud of her for almost being done with her residency and becoming a Doctor. She keeps tabs on her future niece/nephew and asks how everything is going, which is so appreciated. Thanks Dr. Molly!!!

I also scheduled our childbirth class, newborn/take baby home class, and breast-feeding class yesterday as well. So that was nice to get those items done and one less thing to do! Jeremy isn't excited about attending the breast-feeding class as it might be uncomfortable for him to see another mom nurse with her baby, but its life! He said he would be fine with me, but watching someone else would be kinda weird.

I also signed up for the baby steps program that Notre Dame offers. I have to check-in with a nurse and she will check in with me during the pregnancy and answer any questions that I might have along the way. This is a great program that is offered by the University as its a great resource as well.

We are getting ready for Turkey day at Jeremy's parents house. We are taking a fried turkey over there (well Jeremy is going to cook it at their house) and I am making polish noodles and my parents are bringing shrimp. There could be up to 40 people at Thanksgiving dinner! How awesome is that. It will be sad as we won't have Grandma Swartz with us this year. It is the first holiday without her so I am sure there will be lots of tears and happy memories talked about. A positive thing to look forward to is next year our little one will be super excited and hopefully sitting up and maybe crawling around to people. I will have my hands full next year with a little one! thank goodness Jeremy will be a hands on dad and will jump right in to take care of little "Willis". I have a feeling though that Grammie and Grandma will have no problems watching their grandbaby. Well Pam will have her hands full too with her other grandbaby so my mom might have to be in charge of our little one and we can't leave Gramps and Grandpa out either...

So Riley is nesting with me too... she is starting to gather items around the house and make herself a little nest. It is really cute to watch as she has the motherly instinct in her. I will post some pictures once I get the pictures downloaded!

So I went shopping with Margie (our neighbor) on Black Friday. Her and I have done this for 3 years now. We departed the house at 3:30 in the morning and our first stop was Kohls.... then Meijer's.. then Target. We made a trip home to drop off stuff and then headed out to Grape road for the mall, Sam's Club, Babies R Us and then we ended at Olive Garden. We met up with Jeremy's mom, Aunt Julie and Aunt Lisa. They had just pretty much started there shopping day as we were ending ours. We got home around 1:ooish and we both took naps in the afternoon and relaxed the rest of the night. I was in bed at 8:00 that night!

November 29th-- Do I even want to mention this day... Notre Dame did not have a good game today and they haven't since I have been attending the games.... I wonder if that is a sign??? They won all the games that I was in attendance for this year, which isn't saying much.

I had to work on my research paper this weekend... which wasn't the best way to finish a holiday weekend, but I had to get it done.

No comments: