Thursday, December 4, 2008

Week 20- We're half way there..... (love Bon Jovi)

December 2nd-- We hit the half way point in the pregnancy and its been wonderful. I am still feeling great. Eating is about normal and I have that prego belly. I have received so many compliments that I am such a cute prego lady. I just love it!!! Everyone at work has been so nice and always stops to asks to see how I am feeling and how I am doing. I have become the "little mama" in my department and so love it. They all look forward to the outfits that I am wearing since I am still wearing pretty much all new clothes that I received from Mary, Jen, Missy and Terrie (thank you ladies).

December 3rd- Today was a great day for several reasons. Today would be the day to find out if we were having a niece or nephew. I must first start out by saying that I emailed Elizabeth and Adam first thing this morning from work (like I always do when they have an appointment..... I think it is so important to do this and also because I just love my soon to be niece or nephew) and wished them luck at their ultrasound to make sure that everything was perfect and healthy for them and the baby. I now know that their appointments are later in the day... well I had my last class for school this evening and when class got out, I called Adam and they had the results but they were waiting to tell the parents first so totally understand that one. They were planning on coming over to our house to show us the pics but I had plans with my best friend Andrea for dinner at Yesterday's in Granger! So I would have to wait for the results... but I did find out that they did see the heart, brain, and spine and everything was so far so good! (Prayers were answered).

So I met Andrea for dinner and her and I always have so much fun together. Our dinner turned into almost a 3 hour dinner with just her and me... we laughed so much and told stories and just couldn't stop cracking up. we sat in the bar room where there was a fireplace and became friends with the table next to us that had 2 guys and 2 ladies....(they were there for business). Andrea and I kept on ordering food and splitting everything. It was so much fun. when it came time for dessert we got the fudge brownie and ice cream... well of course this brought attention to us even more because if you have ever been to Yesterday's.... their desserts do not come in a small size... it is all MEGA size! needless to say we did not finish the dessert, but it sure was good. When we finished dinner the girls that we met were a little tipsy and gave us hugs and didn't want us to leave... it was pretty funny and entertaining at the same time. So it was almost 9:00 and we had been with each other since like 5:45.... we decided that we couldn't go shopping so we both headed home, but Andrea first had to say goodbye to the baby... she was so cute... .she was like this is your Aunt Andrea and we can't wait to meet you... she is already planning trips over the summer when I am on maternity leave to be with me and the baby. How sweet is she... she is just so awesome. I told her that we are very lucky to have her in our lives and that I have some really good friends that have really come through during the pregnancy and take the time to call and check in and ask how we are doing... so thoughtful!! I knew that my friends were special, but you don't realize until you hit some important times in your life.... So thanks to all our wonderful friends!!! We love you.

So on my way home Jeremy called and said that Adam and Elizabeth left a message... so finally I was going to find out if it is going to be a niece or nephew... now if we go back a few weeks in my blog, I made the comment about cravings and what Elizabeth was craving and what I was craving... I said that she was going to have a boy and that we are going to have girl based on this.... So would the prediction be correct....... YES!!! We are going to have a nephew to spoil!!!! This is gonna be one lucky little boy with us an an Aunt and Uncle! Congrats to them and we can't wait to meet him.


ok - so when I got home we had some Christmas cards and I loved the one that Lauren, Larry and Rascal sent us... she addressed it to Sami, Jeremy, baby-to-be, and pups Miller.... how adorable is that.... This is going in the baby book!!! Thanks Laur... you are so sweet!!!


So this wasn't the end of the evening... last night I crawled into bed and started watching my soaps because that is just what I do... I know I am crazy for watching soap opera's but it does relax me and Laur will be happy that its ABC soaps that I have watched for the past 20-25 years of my life! So Jeremy finally comes into bed and Bob decides that he wants to crawl into bed with us... totally fine we don't mind having the dogs in bed with us... they are like our kids. Anyway, so I am getting ready to turn the TV off... Jeremy is sleeping and Bob has his head on the pillow next to Jeremy's head.. I just couldn't resist and I had to take a picture. Bob did wake up a little, but Jeremy stayed asleep. Also I was able to catch Bob in the morning laying in between my pregnancy pillow... I finally captured it! He loves to snuggle and have a bed around him.. Such a spoiled dog he is... Any indication of what our child will be?!





December 4th- We went to see Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe today with my mom. It was a long day, but worth it. Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe are so excited for this little one. They can't believe how much I have grown in the chest area and they both hope this little one is a hungry one because looks like mama will be able to provide enough for the baby! The baby had its first conference today (not work related) as we met with Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe's lawyers to go over paperwork. We went all over Michigan today too... we were in Dowagiac, Eau Claire, St. Joseph, and Niles. It was a great visit with the family. Oh- we also got a gift from Kojak (Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe's toy poodle) for the baby shower. It is something that we can use!!! They can't wait for this little one to arrive and Aunt Joan tells me that she will not walk with the baby as she can't walk very sturdy, but she will just hold the little one. She is just so loving. Her and I talk at least twice a week. She calls in and checks on me and it is so wonderful to have that. Her and I are so close and I love it.



When I got home it was pretty late, but worth it. Jeremy had my Christmas present opened and ready for use... he got me a Nikon digital camera with 2 different lens!!! I was so excited. He got action photos of the dogs greeting mama as soon as she gets home. We also tested it out with the dogs so I have attached some pics of that.


Daddy with Riley

Me with Riley




Me with Russeau, Riley and Bob


Getting some lovin' from Bob and Riley



So I have to say that my mom sends her daily emails checking in on me and the grandbaby. She does this everyday and its so nice. she can't wait for this little one!!!


December 5th- Today I went over to my old department to visit with everyone. I talked with Danielle and Tammy. Tammy always touches the belly everytime and she is going to be a wonderful aunt. It's so fun to have this experience with my friends.

So I have to admit that I am noticing a change at nighttime with the little one and sleep patterns. I am finding myself tossing and turning more at night to get comfortable. The pregnancy pillow helps, but then I get hot so I end up putting the pillow on the floor during the night. It's all worth it though.... Oh I do find myself making trips to the bathroom more and more. My friend David told me that he is helping his wife Becca out of bed in the middle of the night as it is getting difficult for her to get up on her own. I told Jeremy to be prepared for that one!

December 7th- Today my parents came over and took us to lunch. I also showed off the camera that Jeremy got me. I was able to catch some photos of the dogs when they see Grammie's car. They just love her to pieces! I've attached a few pics of the granddogs!

.

After we had lunch with my parents, we went to see Dzie Dzie and he still tells me that I am having 2 girls. We shall see if he is right in a few weeks with the ultrasound.

So after we got back from Dzie Dzie's, Jeremy's mom came over with our St. Nick stockings. This was very sweet of her. We normally get them when we celebrate Christmas so this was a good surprise for us.

No comments: