Sunday, December 28, 2008

Week 23- Christmas

December 24th- Today we spent time with Dzie Dzie at the nursing home. It is so different with him being that the holidays aren't just what they used to be growing up. It's cliche but as new ones are born, new traditions begin. I just have to think that we are starting new traditions for our little one.

After seeing Dzie Dzie, we went to Jeremy's parents house to celebrate with his mom's side of the family. Before dinner, we took Jeremy's mom aside to show her the ultrasound pictures as we wanted this to be a private moment. We showed her the little ones feet and profile pics and she cried seeing her little grandbaby. It was great to share this moment with her and will treasure this forever.

After all the baby excitement, we had an awesome dinner! After dinner Santa comes for the kids but everyone takes part in seeing Santa and I even captured a few of us on his lap! Considering that there were about 45 people at Christmas dinner, Santa was busy handing out gifts! It will be good for our little one to experience a big family Christmas as my family is all over the United States that we do not do this anymore and Jeremy's family is all here in town so it makes it a good tradition for our little one to have a big family Christmas.

After the presents, we waited for Notre Dame to take the screen and watch them in the Hawaii bowl. Man I wish I was there. It has almost been 15 years since I have been there and I kept telling Jeremy that he is going to take me and our little one for a vacation... I have a feeling he will milk this one out for another 15 years! He better start saving now because he knows that I want to travel with our little one and Hawaii is on that list. We can show him history with Pearl Harbor and that my grandpa was there during the war and I got to experience Hawaii with my grandpa and can share these stories with our little one. Oh I forgot to mention ND wins!! finally the losing streak is over for bowl games! Jeremy got his Christmas wish for a Notre Dame victory.

December 25th- Today Jeremy and I celebrated Christmas with the dogs when we woke up. We just exchanged little gifts this year, well I guess I got my digital camera, but he is getting suits for work so kinda a practical Christmas for us this year. We got stuff we needed, not what we wanted. I started to get the house set up for my family's Christmas. My parents came over in the morning and we did gifts with them. Of course we were spoiled again and so was the little one and granddogs. I can't believe how much my parents do for us and its just means the world to us. The best gift the baby received was a poem/sonnet that my parents wrote that I will have to get a really good picture of to post on here. It is a gift from the heart and priceless. My parents are all about words of wisdom and this gift is framed and will go in the nursery and be there for the little one to read everyday of his/her life.

After the gifts, we got dinner ready and Mitch, Lorissa, Brandi and Matty came over to celebrate and it was great to see them. Matty is always a good helper and will be a great influence on our little one. He always helps with the dishes and clearing the plates. He has done this since he was like 3.5 years old. I wish alot more kids were like him and he listens so good.
Today was a great day for my mom as her Christmas wish came true and she felt her grandbaby move. She loved it!!! I was happy that she was able to experience this today as I knew that she wasn't happy with my dad, but it was all good in the end!

December 26th- This was the day that we stayed home as the bypass, toll road and US 31 were closed due to icy roads. So what did we do.... we cleaned out the office today. Actually I should say that Jeremy did. I tried for alittle bit, but taking a nap on the couch was much more appealing to me.

December 27th- Today we celebrated Christmas with Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe and Kojak. My parents made prime rib for this dinner. We got away from the ham, turkey and sausage that is usually served in our family for Christmas dinner. We just chilled out at their house and just talked. The tv was off the whole time and it was good to relax and just share memories. Aunt Joan was able to feel the baby and it meant so much to her. She was so excited and so thrilled to feel the little one moving. Kojak had to partake in the baby feeling too as he wanted to be on my belly. He is such a cute little 7 pound toy poodle!

December 28th- Today we ventured out get Jeremy's suits that he needs as he out grew his other ones. We picked out 4 new suits for him today. This will come in handy with the Christmas present from my parents. We also went to babies R US and did the registry today. We literally only wanted to set it up and just clicked on a few things as I am going to go with my friend Mary who is a recent mom and she will let me know what I need to get and what can stay at the store! We then met my parents at Outpost and I got another Christmas present... UGG slippers as mine were wearing out from 4 years ago. Jeremy also got another present.... a rabbit hat that will keep him warm while he snow blows and also at Notre Dame games. He totally looks like a hunter with this hat on, but its totally worth it. I think he wore it all the way home! He is so silly!

Oh so totally venting time.... I have completely noticed other bad drivers on the road... this lady in a mini van pulled out in front of me today so what did I do... pulled up beside her to let her know how I felt (I didn't cuss or flip her off... she raised my hand like what's up don't you realize I am pregnant) She apologized..... which she should have.... I am so protective over this little one and noone is going to harm my little one without me saying something. Jeremy got a little mad at me and told me to calm down which he knows that people just need to recognize!





























No comments: