Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Week 24- Happy New Year

December 30th- We spent the night at my parents house last night as Jeremy was getting ready to paint our bedroom today and all of our furniture was spread out in the other bedrooms. So I was spending the night with Riley and Russeau on the 29th and 30th. There is always something to be said about being "home". It will always be home to me and that is the way it is suppose to be. We of course were pampered at my parents and it was just good to relax. I made the mistake of checking my email though at my parents house so I did have to do some work while I was there. So much for a relaxing vacation.



Today my parents and myself went to the salon. My dad got a manicure. My mom got a hair style and manicure and me and the little one got a facial and hair cut. Baby's first facial!!! We were pampered as usual at the spa... due to the fact that my mom pretty much goes there every Saturday! If this little one is a girl, Jeremy better be prepared to take his little girl to the salon.


December 31st- Today we came back home as Jeremy was finished painting and almost done shampooing the carpets. He has pretty much cleaned his entire vacation and getting ready for the little one to arrive. He is so much better in this department then me. I hope our little one gets his cleaning skills! If it was my choice we would have a cleaning lady. I am still holding out for that one after all these years. It's always on my Christmas list!





The little one is moving more and more and I am starting to wake up from the little one moving around while I am sleeping. My appetite still isn't like it was in the first trimester, but I still do eat. I haven't gained much weight in the past 6 weeks, but my belly sure is growing!





Jeremy came down with a cold while I was at my parents so we didn't make it to Aunt Julie's Happy New Year party. We just stayed at home and Jeremy slept on the couch with Bob (as he didn't want to get me sick). Happy 2009!





January 1st- Today we did our family traditions that have been carried down on my side. We have to wear something new on New Year's Day. We also wash our face in real silver coins to bring health and wealth for the New Year. We also do not spend money on New Year's day, except in emergency purposes. My mom called today and said because I am pregnant that we didn't have to worry about not spending money if I needed something. So we went grocery shopping because food in the frig and freezer were not appealing to me. We just stayed at home and watched football today. Jeremy felt the baby move alot today. However the baby still does like to play tricks on him and when I say the baby is moving and he comes over the baby stops. Then he goes back to his spot on the couch and then the baby starts moving again. He is convinced the baby is doing this on purpose and messing with him. I laugh about it because I think its hilarious!





January 2nd- Today would be the day that we book Ambrosia for the baby shower!! We are going to have it on March 1st!!! Now its time to pick out the invitations. I keep looking online and there are alot that appeal to me, but I just want the perfect one. Who thought picking out a piece of paper could be so difficult?! I just want this to be so perfect for my little one and do everything right!



After we met with Jim (the owner) at Ambrosia, we met Tina for lunch at Papa Vino's. She was passing through from Chicago and going back home to Pennsylvania. I am so happy to stay in touch with her after all these years. She was the maid of honor for our wedding and we are still close. It is hard when going to college at Saint Mary's that you have friends all over the United States so it makes it so nice to stay in touch and get to see each other. I can't believe that her and I have almost known each other for 10 years now. Tina and I were talking that there is something to be said for the Saint Mary's community as that we do a good job of keeping in touch with each other. I don't know that alot of my friends who attended other schools do this. I know that Tina's class does it and my class does it. I just hope this tradition keeps going for years to come! I got to meet her boyfriend Jonathan, which I totally approve of. I can't wait to hear what will be coming of their relationship in the future!!!



January 3rd- Today was a low key day for us... we did do dinner with my parents at Portofino's, one of our usual restaurants with my parents. Our waitress Sally always takes such good care of us. She knows I love my garlic bread and constantly brings it out for me!

January 4th- Today was a fun day as I met Mary to finish the baby registry at Babies R US and thank goodness for friends that are recent moms!!! They offer so much advice and it helps out so much. She brought her almost 7 month son, Bobby and he was so good. He was so content in his car seat and I just hope that our little one is as patient and so good as he was. He is a little cutie on top of it all too! Mary and I were able to double the size of the registry within about 2 hours and I now have over 100 items on it! That was alot of stuff to look at and determine that were needed items for a little one! Our little one will definelty know Aunt Mary!! She has been a godsend through this whole process!

January 5th- After work today I met Lauren and Larry for dinner then the five of us (Lauren, Larry, Jeremy, me and the little one) all went to the Notre Dame vs Georgetown game. Larry graduated from Georgetown so they try to go to this game every year. Notre Dame was the winner! It was so great to see them and I so enjoy the memories that we are creating. The first thing Lauren did was touch the belly and I love it!!! This baby has so much love already that it is just so amazing! I am truly thankful that our little one will have the best aunts and uncles!!! The little one got to hear and feel Aunt Lauren and hear Uncle Larry!

I will also be seeing Lauren this weekend as we are doing a girls weekend at Beth's house. I can't wait!! Baby and mama are getting a facial (again). They are so relaxing and my skin needs it!

The baby moves so much at night time now and in the morning when I am taking a bath. I find myself sometimes sleeping on my stomach still and then immediately turn to my side. THe doctor said the body will let you know when you can't sleep on your stomach but I try to watch it as much as possible. I have to say that when I am up moving around the baby is not very active, but as soon as I want to sit and rest... watch out! The movement is getting more defined as I can tell the little one is growing more and more. I think I finally gained a pound in the past few weeks, but I feel my stomach has gotten alot bigger as my belly button is wanting to "pop" out.

No comments: