Friday, December 19, 2008

Week 22- The Nursery & Ultrasound


I couldn't get the blog to work correctly... so sorry the pic is at the top.... story below. This is the rocking horse that Jeremy's parents got their grandbaby.




All of our stockings at Jeremy's parents house.



The 4 kids before we received our baby gift! me, Jeremy, Adam and Elizabeth.




So this past week has been very eventful. With the economy, I was very lucky at work to keep my job, but others were not so lucky and just thinking of them at this time.

December 17th- We had our nursery furniture delivered!!! We have one more piece which is the tall dresser that we should get in February. We received the crib, the combo hutch, the changing table topper thing, and conversion kit to a full bed. I have taken pictures of the "room" before the furniture and after the furniture. The room was painted in a Disney theme because I collect the Disney snow globes so we just made a room of it. We thought this was going to be the nursery room, but guess what... I am changing my mind and want to go to the bigger bedroom which is the old guest room now. So now when we have guests spend the night, they will be in the old nursery room with a Disney theme. Jeremy is so loving me at the moment....

December 20th- Today we went to visit Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe and we received tons of goodies. Aunt Joan is a baker and she sent home rum balls, kiefles, fudge, potato candy among other goodies. We did some baking too at Aunt Joan's and Jeremy even helped in the process. We made white chocolate peppermint bark. We had to crush the candy canes, melt the chocolate and then mix it all together. We spent a few hours with them and just hanging out. They can't believe how big the belly and chest are getting. They can't wait for this little one to arrive. They love him/her so much. I just can't wait for them to meet!

Later this evening we had the Bowering Christmas party at Jeremy's parents house. they were excited for us and some of the aunts kissed the belly. I totally love the attention the belly is getting as I think this is so important for stimulation of feelings for the baby and to know how much he/she is loved.

December 21st- We celebrated Christmas with Jeremy's parents, Adam and Elizabeth today. Jeremy's dad did the cooking, which I miss so much from living there. He is a good cook! He made a roast with vegetables and salmon. I did not partake in the salmon as I try to stay away from seafood during pregnancy. After dinner, we opened up presents and this is always fun. I just can't wait for next year for our little one to open up gifts and see his/her face when doing this. This year, the baby received a rocking horse from Jeremy's parents. It is so cute and even makes noise! I can't wait for the baby to be big enough to ride it!

December 22nd- Today was the ultrasound. Our appointment was at 8:30 this morning. We actually didn't start until about 8:50 as the technician wrecked her car. The weather hasn't been the best at all lately so I felt so bad and wasn't mad that we were running behind. I was very nervous today as all I wanted was a healthy baby. We didn't care about finding out the sex, just wanted the most important gift, a healthy baby.

So it was time for the ultrasound and to be honest as she started to pull up the baby/placenta/my bladder on the screen... I had no clue what was what. Thank goodness for labeling on the screen! Once she pulled up where I could see the baby it was so amazing. It was very easy to pick out the spine but that was about it, well besides the face. We saw the little ones feet first and that is our first picture that we received. I was relieved to know that our little one had legs and feet! Next was the arms and hands... again said another thank you to God. She showed us the head and did measurements on the brain. We then got to see the stomach, heart and kidneys. All of which look normal according to the doctor. I do have to say that we have a stubborn little one though...which Jeremy is already saying is my child. Since Jeremy and I are both polish.... this little one is already carrying on its heritage!

So after the doctor came in to tell us the reports from the pictures I did get some tears as I was just so relieved to know that everything was ok.

We then went to the car and I called my mom and dad and they were so excited to hear. We called Jeremy's mom and told her and then called Adam to get ahold of his dad and told them.

Later that night, Jeremy had basketball and I decided to go up to my parents and took the ultrasound pics with me. My dad went through them thoroughly and pointed out some things as this is so normal of him to do. He is very detailed and wants to know everything! My mom was cooking meatloaf for dinner and I was getting hungry so we stayed for dinner. The baby started to move and my dad was sitting the closest to me and I told him so he got to feel his grandbaby move. My mom wanted to be first so bad, but my dad beat her to the punch. So now gramps has felt the baby. How special!

So this week, the baby moves alot when I am taking a bath. It is pretty consistent in the morning now. The baby is also moving a little more during the day and then also more and more at nighttime. This little one has been very good to mama.
















So I was able to capture another picture of Bob on the pregnancy pillow. He loves it!













No comments: