Friday, April 10, 2009

week 38- Happy Easter

Tuesday- I went to lunch with David. He just had a daughter, Annika, at the end of January so I was asking him all kinds of questions. It was great to catch up with him and hear stories and how exciting it is to be a parent. I can't wait to join him in the next few weeks!!


Friday- we had our doctor's appointment and I did not gain anything from last week which is normal at this stage to plateau. My blood pressure was 108/70 which is still great. The heart rate was in the 150's. The babies head is down. Jeremy received a learning lesson from the doctor on how to feel for the head. It was very neat for him to experience this he said. the little one likes to be on the right hand side of my belly. The doc knew this because when he felt the baby, he pointed out the head, the back and limbs... sure enough the limbs were on my right side. He asked if I got kicked alot on the right side and he knew it. So I had my first check and I have to admit that this was uncomfortable. the doc warned me that there wasn't an easy way to check. I am not really dilated yet which is fine at this point, but I am starting to "soften" up.

Saturday- Jeremy's mom stopped over for a few as she was on her way back home from Aunt Kathy's. She was helping her for Easter brunch. We had to cut the visit short because we had reservations at Portofino's with my parents. I had 5 pieces of their garlic bread (its just so yummy there) and of course Sally, our waitress, took good care of me. The owner, Mary, even stopped by to ask how much longer because she has seen me a few times throughout the pregnancy. I told them the next time they see me we will have a little one with us!

I guess at one point in the middle of the night I made the comment to Jeremy "I need a right handed purse" he repeated what he thought I said and I said "yeah, a right handed purse" he said what about a "left handed purse" I said no... I need a right handed purse. I do not recall this at all and apparently I even sat up and had the conversation with him. What was I dreaming... these pregnancy dreams are weird.

Sunday- We went to mass and literally got blessed by the priest. He was having a good old time with the wand. After mass we went to Aunt Kathy's for Easter brunch and enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt for the kids. It brings back memories of when I was a kid. I can't wait to color Easter egg with my little one and do the Easter egg hunt! After brunch, we went to see Dzie Dzie at the nursing home and he was tired today. He slept alot while we were there with my parents. He woke up just as we were getting ready to leave and wanted us to stay longer, but we had dinner to eat so we came home and my mom made dinner at our house for us. We have left overs for the next few days! We also watch the Masters. It was a 3 man playoff so it made it interesting. I was the one who called the playoff a few holes before and my dad didn't believe me. I so called it!

While we were watching TV, Riley curled up in my lap and was very protective over the baby. She is going to be the guard dog of all 3 of them.

I did wake up this morning with lower back pain and was moving around the house slowly this morning. As the day progressed, the back pain went away, but it was a little rough this morning. At church I can't kneel anymore because my belly gets in the way and I have to stretch for the rail so I just sit and kneel forward. I am still craving the sweets right now. Jeremy had to run and get me donuts this morning. I just can't get away from that sweet tooth. I drink tons of milk though.

Monday- As I was taking a bath this morning I heard Bob just barking outside. It was "I see a squirrel or cat bark". Jeremy came in and told me that Bob sees something outside that he doesn't like one bit. So here we are at 6:30 in the morning and Bob is going crazy. One of the kids next door left an umbrella out and it blew into our fence. It was something unusal and Bob was letting us know he didn't like it and it was unfamiliar. He was protecting his house... I am sure the neighbors loved him barking at 6:30 in the morning, but I would rather have them bark then not! Russeau on the other hand follows me everywhere in teh house and won't go outside in the morning until I go downstairs. he is a mama's boy!

So this will be my final week at work as I get closer to the due date. I still might take work home with me next week, but my goal is to be done on the 17th. I have pretty much hit all my deadlines that I needed to so I am not feeling guilty for leaving work. I just want to make sure that all my responsibilities are taken care of while I am out of the office. Alot of people are stopping by my desk to see if I am still there and how I am feeling. It's great to have so much support and so many people caring about the baby and me. I truly appreciate it all.

Oh I talked to Adam, my BIL, and I will have a nephew by the end of the week!!! So exciting!!

I am continuing to feel pretty good for being 38 weeks. I can't believe that I am going to make it 39 weeks and still working. I am very lucky! I am sleeping pretty good for the most part and the little one still has good movement, but I can tell he/she is slowing down as I am running out of belly room. Everyone at work always compliments me on my positive attitude and that I am still smiling this far along. I constantly say that I can't complain because this little one has been so good to me. Now we will see what that means when he/she is born. I have loved being pregnant and I truly believe its a positive attitude that definitely helps in this department. Not to say that I've always been positive throughout every minute of this pregnancy, but for the most part I have been.

Jeremy has been doing wonderful. He is rubbing my back and feet alot lately (it just feels so good). I know that he would prefer not to do that, but he has been great!

1 comment:

Mary Witt said...

Sami -- I got your text today and I'm so excited for the arrival of your little Addison Diane. What a beauty she is. I can't wait to come visit you two once you've settled into life as a new family. I'm so so so excited for you and very anxious to hear how everything is going. Love to you, Jeremy and Addison!