Sunday, April 26, 2009

First Week Home!

Allison and Sam with Addison.

Addison's first sponge bath at home.

Gramps with his granddaughter


Riley and Russeau checking out Addison on the bobby lounger.



Me holding my daughter.




Aunt Julie with Addison


4 generations... Great Great Aunt Joan, Addison, me, and mom



Uncle Adam with his niece!



Great Great Uncle Joe with Addison



Great Great Aunt Joan with her great great niece!


Grandma and Grandpa with their granddaughter!


Grandma holding Addison... she loves to put her arms under her head and this was the first time that she did it. She sleeps just like mama... on her belly with her arms under her head!



Grammie with Addison.



Addison on daddy's chest.


Aunt Lisa with Addison



with daddy again.



with grandma in the hospital only a few hours old.



her first bath in the hospital. only a few hours old.


only a few minutes old. She is on mama's chest. we finally got to see her face!


Jeremy and me before delivery. can you believe that we are both smiling!! Anxiously waiting for the arrival of our daughter!



Dr. Lyons, Addison and me after delivery.



Great Uncle Mitch, Lorissa, and Addison.


Me with Addison after her bath and tests in the hospital.


Adam with his son, Harrison, Jeremy with his daughter, Addison.... cousins only 46 hours apart!


Emo and Addison in the hospital.


Gramps with Addison only a few hours old.


Aunt Jill, Kari and Addison at the hospital.


Grammie holding Addison for the first time. The first person to hold her besides the nurses, Jeremy and me.
Grandpa holding Addison for the first time.


Margie with Addison... our first visitor in the hospital.

So after delivery, Addison went to the nursery for her tests and to get a bath. She passed her hearing test! I was in my room and trying to rest alittle while all the tests were going on and my mom told me that Jeremy didn't take his eyes off of his daughter while the tests were being done. He also managed to take about 200 pictures so mama could know what was going on. Jeremy's dad also did the videotaping for us, but I haven't watched that yet and look forward to watching that! So after all the tests she returned to the room with mama and grammie (my mom) was the first person to hold her and then Grandma (Jeremy's mom) then Gramps (my dad) and Grandpa (Jeremy's dad). She is loved so much already. I also received a delivery of flowers from my parents. They were my favorite, carnations, with roses.... all pink!!!

Later that evening, Margie, our neighbor and friend who is taking care of our dogs while we are in the hospital, stopped by and was her first visitor! Margie has been so wonderful and always checking in on me during the pregnancy and also just helping us out so much with the dogs! we are lucky to have great neighbors!
Her next set of visitors were Emo (my godmother) and Uncle Charlie! they brought us flowers and outfits and stuffed animal for her along with an Asian doll for when she gets older to play with! Right now it will go in her toy chest, which was mine when I was a baby.

It was time for bedtime and Addison did so great for her first night. She slept a few hours straight but I kept getting up in the middle of the night and checking in on her, every little sound she made, I was awake! So even though she slept, mama didn't. A funny story with daddy. She made her first poopie with us and Jeremy was out cold on the bed in the room. I had to get him up.... he had no idea what was going on. He was so sleep deprived. I said honey I need a warm wash cloth. He couldn't put together that it was a diaper change. It took him a few minutes, but then he finally woke up and we changed her for the first time. Daddy slept good that night, snoring loudly!
April 21st- we started the morning off with her being checked by our pediatrician and her heart and lungs sounded great! My prayers were answered. We had a healthy baby girl! She didn't like being checked though and screamed. Our Dr. is so great. He is so nurturing and caring and just wonderful with her.

After the doctors came to check me and her, daddy went home and cleaned house and then he had to run into work because he had a report to get out before a huge meeting on the 30th at work. This would be the first time that Addison and I were alone and we did great. I just held her the whole time. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. We had Jeremy's parents stop in as they have been at the hospital since Thursday and now it was Tuesday. They were in the emergency room for Elizabeth, all is ok, thank goodness!

Later in the day my mom came over and sat with us while Jeremy was at work. He came back to the hospital in between the cleaning the house and then going to work so he didn't have to go in the rest of the week. While my mom was there we had more visitors... we had Sharon from work, Sam and Allison, Aunt Jill and Kari, Mitch and Lorissa. It was funny when Sam and Allison showed up because Sam knocked on the door and I was nursing Addison and said give me a second as we were finishing up. He wanted to double check and make sure I was "decent" before he entered the room. It was pretty funny! We also had about 5 phone calls a day from Aunt Joan checking in on us. She was so sweet to call. We also received phone calls from Aunt Kathy, Aunt Kellie, and Debbie at the hospital. We also received tons of text messages from my friends!

Addison got her Hepatitis B shot today. She was a trooper!

Later that night Andrea stopped by with flowers and spent alot of time with us in the hospital. She was so excited that Addison was a girl and can't wait to do girl's day with her and take her to the spa and do shopping trips with her! Jeremy has already thought about this fund along with her wedding fund and college fund!

So while I was in the hospital, I became addicted to graham crackers and apple juice. I can't get enough in me. I have been feeling great and its amazing to me that I am able to walk and move around and pretty much painless and I just had a baby. It is just incredible to me.

So tonight Addison was a little fussy and I was up all day and we decided to send her to the nursery for about 2 hours.... we just needed some sleep and I knew with us going home tomorrow that we wouldn't have the luxury of the nurses. So from 1:30-3:30 in the morning she was in the nursery. I woke up at 3:30 and called the nurse and said "I would like my daughter please". They brought her to me and I just felt horrible for sending her to the nursery, but I was so exhausted and so was Jeremy that we just needed those few hours of sleep. Addison did good for the most part and slept ok for the rest of the night, but still a little fussy.

April 22nd- We woke up and had the doctors check her and me. Dr. Hall checked Addison and she was doing good. She has a slight case of jaundice, but nothing to be concerned about. He told us what to watch for and we would. Today we had Kelli and Jenny stop by and visit us. We had our photo shoot early this morning and she did so good. She is going to love the camera. It helps when daddy has already taken about 500 pictures and she isn't even 2 days old yet! While Kelli and Jenny where there Grandpa showed up for a visit. He got to see the slide show of his granddaughter and pick out the photo that they wanted! He did so good!!

Jeremy and I had to wait for Addison to turn 48 hours before we could leave (well we could leave but would have to bring her back so we just waited). She had to get mandatory blood drawn once she was 48 hours old. We also had to watch 2 videos, one on car seats and the other the care of your infant before we could leave as well. We thought we were going to leave around 2-3ish, but that wasn't the case. I was nursing her, daddy was loading up the car, watching the videos, signing the discharge papers, etc. So we had dinner in the hospital and it was my best meal there (beef and noodles). We finally got to the car around 6:00 with her and it was time for her first car ride.

She at first doesn't like the car seat, but once you get her moving then she is fine. We get her in the car and daddy is driving us home and I have the video camera in my hands the whole time. She slept the whole way home and let me tell you South Bend needs to improve their roads because they were so bumpy on her little head. Daddy did so great driving home.

When we got home Jeremy went in first to let the dogs out and let him know we were home. He came back to the car for me to go in alone with a blanket of Addison's. Riley and Russeau just sniffed away, Bob wanted really nothing to do with the blanket but was all over me. After a few minutes, Jeremy brought Addison in her car seat and we put it on the floor and they just sniffed her. Bob did for about 2 seconds and didn't know what to do.... Riley and Russeau were very curious. Addison didn't even cry or anything with Bob barking or the twins sniffing her. It was a great success.

We walked her around the house and then introduce her to her nursery. We did a diaper change and then it was off to some relaxation for the night. Jeremy and I just held her on the couch and this helped with the dogs too as they would come up and see her and check her out.

Her first night of sleep at home went really good. We put her in her crib, I slept in the guest room for 3 reasons ( the bed is lower for me- easier on my back and you know what area to not stretch so much, its right next to her nursery, plus daddy had to make an 8:00 meeting at work so we wanted to make sure that he got some sleep. All in all she slept in 2-3 hour increments and did so good!

While daddy was at work he got a few phone calls, not work related, but Addison related from some of the trustees!!! Go Addison she is already an important little one! This was truly special for her to receive this special attention.

Thursday- Russeau was the guard dog for me while Addison slept and he was letting me know any peep that she made he was sure to bark a little. He is a little watch dog and so greatful for that. We usually have the dogs in their homes at night, but lately we are letting them roam free at night. for the most part, they still sleep in their homes with the door open, however, Russeau is right outside her nursery door.
Aunt Lisa came to visit us today and Addison was so happy in Aunt Lisa's arm.

Today the grandparents came over and Grandpa (Jeremy's dad) had a little surprise for her. He wrote her a poem... it is just priceless.
Our April Joy

Let me tell you about our April joy,
One is a girl and the other a boy.
Given to us by our sons and their wives,
Two little miracles came into our lives.
They arrived to us just two days apart,
They will always be loved from our hearts.
Excited to watch them learn and grow,
We will help teach them things they must know.
Grandma and Grandpa will be our names,
To help feed, change diapers, and oh yeah play games.
So let me tell you about our April Joy,
One is a girl and the other a boy.


Addison slept really good her second night home! I love the way she smiles (even though she probably has no idea she is smiling), when she puckers her lips and makes the "Austin Powers" look, according to daddy she has the old lady lips look at times and also the popeye look- one eye open. She sleeps so soundly and is just so perfect!

I will have to admit that Addison has no problem going to the bathroom... she has more poopie diapers then she does wet ones. The first time she "went" when Jeremy was holding her he about lost it laughing because it was so loud. It was pretty funny.


So I finally weighed myself and I lost 12 pounds in the hospital... only 17 more to go and I will be at my pre-pregnancy weight, but I would like to lose an additional 10-15 pounds, I was at my heaviest when I got prego with her so I want to get back to my "normal" size 6... that is my goal while I am on maternity leave with her. I will settle for an 8 though!

April 24th- Friday- Today we Aunt Julie stopped by to see her niece! She said that she looks alot like my dad. Which we get that she looks like both grandpa's alot. Addison had a rough night last night as she was up alot during the night and I found myself holding her the whole night. She didn't want to be on her back at all. We made it though.

Daddy has been doing alot of shopping for mommy. I've been addicted to apple juice and graham crackers and I've already gone through a gallon and a half of apple juice already.
April 25th- Saturday- Jeremy and I both got lots of rest last night because Addison was just sleeping away that I woke her up twice in the middle of the night to feed her. We started the day with daddy getting up so mama could take a shower since we knew visitors were coming early today. Once mama was ready by 8 in the morning, daddy got ready and went to the barber because he has some very important meetings this week at work. He also went to the store for mama and has been wonderful about doing all the running around when mama forgets to put something on the list. Can I just say I can't get enough summer sausage, graham crackers and apple juice in me. It seems to be all I am eating and wanting to eat at the moment.
Our visitors started with Grammie coming over with groceries and lunch for us. Then Gramps came by with Uncle Charlie and dropped my dad off from their Saturday routine with spending time with Grandpa Totten for breakfast. Then Grandma and Grandpa (Jeremy's parents) showed up to spend time with their granddaughter. We also had Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe join in her celebration. They are her GREAT GREAT Aunt and Uncle. She was hungry right when they showed up so I had to take Addison to the nursery for a feeding, but then she was good to go. She loves to be held and likes to be held against the chest and she puts her arms under her head. She sleeps just like mama, an arm under her head! Uncle Adam (Jeremy's bro) stopped by and he held his niece for the first time. She is about 2 pounds lighter than Harrison so she was so lite to him. We can't wait to get Harrison and Addison together for some more pics!

Addison slept good for the most part, but she only wanted to nurse on 1 side because she kept falling back to sleep so mama had to get up a little more in the middle of the night to feed, but its all worth it. She has been loving her swing and mama can get some stuff done around the house. I know that I should be napping and try to, but I take the time to update the blog and post pics because I just can't wait to do it!

Sunday- my parents brought lunch over for us which is great because Jeremy made grilled cheese last night for dinner... something easy and quick for us. I haven't had a grilled cheese in years and he did a great job of making it! We also had a visit from Grandma. She just had to get her fix in!

1 comment:

Mary Witt said...

I LOVE reading your blog updates! I've been wanting to call and visit to see how things are going, but I know you have so,so, so much going on. So this gives me my Addison "fix" until things settle down for you and I can visit :) I'm glad things are going well. I can't wait to meet Addison and give her, mom and dad a big hug and congratulations :)