Friday, May 1, 2009

First doctors appt

Gramps and Grammie with Addie on Sunday May 3rd.


Aunt Meg with Addison on Sunday May 3rd

Addison in her boppy newborn lounger... Riley checking her out.


Bob and Addison -- finally a pic of the two of them!




Mama talking to Addie.



Grammie holding Addie. I think she looks a little like me in this photo.

Myrna our next door neighbor. She will be called memaw.


Neil our next door neighbor. He will be called papaw.


Grandma with Addie... Riley and Russeau are protective as usual. They want to make sure their baby is safe.

Daddy with Addie on our 5 year anniversary


Aunt Kellie with Addie (riley close by) on Saturday May 2nd.

Jeremy giving Addie some kisses on our anniversary.


Mama with Addison all curled up sleeping and Russeau on our lap too. Gotta give love to our other babies too.



An adorable picture of Addison on our 5 year anniversary.


Another pic of Addie.



Me, Tommy, Addison and Margie. Tommy will be protecting her in the neighborhood.




Grammie in the nursery with Addie. We had our doctor's appointment so I was able to get some laundry done since my mom took the day off to be with us.



me holding Addie... asleep again!



Gramps with Addison. She can probably get whatever she wants from Gramps right now! She has officially taken over the number 1 spot in his life!


me, my mom and Addison.


Look at Addie all stretched out and her hands around Gramps. Look at those little legs compared to my dads hands.


Another view of Addie and Gramps.



me, Grammie and Addie.




Grammie and Addie.


Addie with her eyes open!


Tuesday- April 28th- Addison had a rough night last night where she didn't want to be on her back at all. I was up with her until 4:00 in the morning and then Jeremy had to take her. I had to wake him up and he just had to stay awake for an hour or so because I just needed some sleep. He stayed up with her and I rested. He had to go to work too so I tried not to take advantage of it, but I really needed it. She finally went to sleep for a few, but I was only able to get a total of about 2.5 hours.

So Addison lost her umbilical cord at 11:37 at night when I was feeding her.... I noticed that she lost it. She was only 8 days old!

We had visitors today from Grandma and Grandpa and Grammie. Grammie bought us food, which was great as I needed an energy booster!

So I had pumped earlier in the week and I had Jeremy give her a bottle and she took it, but didn't drink all of it. She has a habit of going to sleep in the middle of a feeding. Keeping her awake is very hard to do. She took 1 oz of the bottle so I felt we did good.
I weighed myself today and I am down to within 10.5 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight!! I have lost 18.5 pounds already!!! I hope the rest of the 10 pounds comes off easy as the first 18 did!

Wednesday, April 29th- Addison She let mama get some sleep... she went to bed around 1:30 am and slept until 4:30ish, (an improvement from the previous night) and then changed her and fed her. We went back to sleep, but first mama has a little routine with her that once she is done with changing and feeding that I play spider solitaire on the computer as she gets good and nestled on my chest and once I think she is in a good sleep then I lay her in her crib and she has done good so far.... we shall see how long this will last.

So today was her first doctor's appointment. My mom took the day off to take us to the doctor and for me to catch up on some sleep too. So my mom drove my Jeep and she had to get used to my car. We got to the doctor's appointment and daddy met us there as he had his big meeting to prepare for in the morning. We were waiting for my mom to unlock the doors and she rolled down the windows... it was pretty funny. She managed to roll down all 4 windows before unlocking the car doors!
When we got there, the girls came out to the waiting room and held her. She was a celebrity at the doctors office. I have known the girls in the office since I was little so they were excited! One of the other doctors there even came out to hold her. How special was that!

We got called back and I realized that I forgot to bring the camera. We had to answer questions and then get her undressed and in a clean diaper. She had a wet one when we got to the doctors office. We got her weighed and measured. She weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces and was still 20 inches! She had gained 9 ounces since we left the hospital. We then waited for the doc and she fell asleep on my chest naked in a diaper with a blanket over her.

The nurse went through her measurements on the computer with us and showed us a graph and Addison was in the normal range (right in the middle) for her head circumference, length, and weight. Now it was just waiting for the doctor to come in.

Dr. Hall came in and he listened to her heart and lungs while she was still sleeping on mama. He then flipped her over and put her on my legs and checked all of her joints. She checked out great. We found out her blood type, O+. Just like mama. We don't know what Jeremy's blood type is and need to find out from his parents. It's funny because I didn't pay attention to my blood type until I got pregnant. Dr. Hall told us that for her 2 month appointment would be a tough one. He suggested giving her some Tylenol before we go to the doctor next as this would be the day that she would have her vaccinations. I told Jeremy that he has to take the rest of the day off to be with me and her because I know I am going to be a wreck for this appointment.
Addison fed for 135 minutes and she had 13 diaper changes (5 wet, 8 poopie). She is a pooping machine!

Thursday- April 30th- Addison slept from 10:30-2:15 in the morning and then 3:30-5:00 and then 7:00-9:00 in the morning. Daddy had an important meeting and got up around 5:30 in the morning for a 7:00 meeting. Since we were up at 5:30, we woke daddy up before his alarm went off so he could spend time with her for a few minutes before he got ready. Addison slept so good for us as I think she knew daddy needed his rest. Mama was only to wake daddy if she really needed him since it was an important day!

Grammie came over with food for us today, which is greatly appreciated. This helps out tremendously.
Addison fed for 160 minutes and she had 17 diaper changes (7 wet, 10 poopie).

Friday- May 1, 2009-

I wonder if we are getting into a little routine because she slept from 10:30-2:30 in the morning and then from 4:00-6:15 and then 7:00-9:30 today. She must know that mommy and daddy are celebrating our 5 year anniversary. Daddy gave me the best present ever, Addison!

So daddy left work early today and got home around 3 today to spend time with me and Addison for our anniversary. It was good as he was able to let me get a good nap in for an hour while he spent some time with her, just the two of them.

Daddy ran out to get us dinner and I decided on Hacienda as I get chicken there and chips would be bland enough. I am trying to be cautious of introducing spicy/flavorful foods to her.

So we put a thermostat in her room because we had some warm days over the weekend and the house got to 80 degrees, which was a little warm for her. I hesitated to turn on the air, but buckled as it was so hot and turned the AC on. She did fine. We have found that if we keep her room at 69-71 she sleeps better when she is all bundled up. When we didn't have the air/heat on that the room stayed at that temperature, she didn't sleep as well.

I do predict that Addison is going to be right handed. She favors the right side. She lays her head more to the right and also wants to fed on her right side more.


Addison had 14 diaper changes today (5 poopie and 9 wet). She nursed for 155 minutes today.

Saturday- May 2, 2009-
Today we started the day off by visits from Grandma and Aunt Kellie. It was great to spend time with them. Grandma brought over People magazine for mama so she could catch up on the celebrity gossip. Daddy was outside getting ready to mow the yard and Neil (our next door neighbor) was outside so they started talking and Myrna and Neil came over. They will be known as memaw and papaw as that is what the neighborhood kids call them! They have a grandson that is so well behaved and they know the secrets of what to do! They also let me in on a secret to diaper rash. They said to take flour and put over a low-medium pan on the stove and get it to be a golden brown. Apparently this will cure diaper rash and is an old polish remedy.

During the day, when Grammie was over Addison watched her first Kentucky Derby. I am hoping with Hayden and Hannah that they will teach her about horses and will let her ride with them one of these days when she is old enough. I remember riding with my cousin when I was younger and it was fun, however I don't think I have been on a horse since I was like 12.

Grammie also did some grocery shopping for us and brought over some steaks for dinner and also some perogi's. They were yummy!!

Today daddy cleaned the house and mowed the yard. There are still some gifts in the living room, but that will be put away in time.

So I have noticed Addison touching her hands to her mouth and she even holds my boob when she is feeding. I can't believe that she isn't even 2 weeks and is doing this already! She also gave me the peace sign and also the middle finger too. It was pretty funny.

Addison had 14 diaper changes today (6 poopie and 8 wet). She nursed for 176 minutes today.

Sunday- May 3rd-

Today we were suppose to go visit Uncle Joe for his birthday celebration, but with her being so young yet we diceided to stay home and also because of this stupid Swine Flu that is going around. We just don't want to take our chances.

As we were waking up this morning, Bob was in bed with us and he has been getting closer and closer to Addison each day, but still a little scared of her. He was curled up and I managed to put her up against him and daddy got a picture. Addison slept very good again last night. She is in a routine (at least I am wanting to believe that) sleeping till about 2 in the morning and then waking up at 4 and 6 in the morning for a feeding.
Aunt Meg stopped over today and held her and looked very natural.

No comments: