Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week 37- more shopping and food!

The bedding in the crib!

My new rocker!!! It is very comfy... doesn't make noise and swivels!

Me at 37 weeks!

A closer view of 37 weeks.



This week has been great... my mom brought over Chinese on Wednesday for dinner for Jeremy and me. I didn't have to cook, which I have to admit that I really am not doing alot of these days. I did love to cook prior to being pregnant, but really don't have a desire right now.

On Friday, we had our doctor's appointment and my weight gain is 26 pounds so far. My blood pressure was 118/72. The doctor said I have dropped a little since my last measurement and since I was over 35+ inches that is all he was concerned about. He didn't have a guess on the heart rate of 146 as he said he would be lucky to guess correctly. he gave up on it years ago.

The doc also told Jeremy since the baby's birthstone will be a diamond that he should be getting me a diamond for delivery! I liked this doc!!! I've hinted to Jeremy that the birth of our baby, 5 year anniversary and Mother's day can be combined in 1 gift. He said I had wishful thinking.... so much for hoping.

After the doctor, I went to work and had a delivery of a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my parents. It also had a singing duck in it. I will post some pics and maybe Jeremy can get the video camera out to tape the duck. I think it was played about 30 times at work because it was just hilarious. Then when I got home Jeremy had to play it continuously over the weekend.

Saturday, I decided it was time to make the decision about the rocker and took Jeremy shopping in the morning. We first went to Sam's Club because Aunt Joan needed some baking items and then we went to Babies R Us. I decided to get the chair there because it was more my style and kinda matches our basement furniture since its a tan suede. I figured a second use for when I am done with it in the nursery. I've been sitting in it everyday and getting used to it. I was actually in it the other night for 30 minutes and all the dogs where in the nursery with me. Riley was on my lap, Russeau was on the ottoman and Bob was taking a nap on the floor. They are all with me at all times. They know that they are going to have a little brother or sister to protect.

After shopping, we went to Colten's 1st birthday party (cousin on Jeremy's side). It was great to be with the family and see the little celebrate such an important day! We can't wait for another year to be throwing our little one a party!!

After the party we went to see my Dzie Dzie and he is very talkative. He was telling me to sit down and to watch my step because he didn't want me to fall. I had to go to the bathroom and he wanted my mom to go in there with me to make sure I was ok. He cares so much and doesn't want anything to happen. He is saying twins still... a boy and a girl. I wish we were having twins, but I think we will have to hope for the next pregnancy for that one! After we visited with Dzie Dzie my parents came over and we watch the final four of the NCAA tourney. We also had dinner with my parents, which happens alot! After I ate, the little one got hiccups. My parents were both able to feel the little one. It was the second time that day because I had waken up at 5:00 am and they lasted until 5:23... not that I was counting or anything.

On Sunday, I decided it was time to get the bottles cleaned and I have Tupperware to store them in so they don't get dusty, We have about 14 bottles right now (different sizes) so Jeremy will be helping with the feedings once I start to pump. I want to get as much stuff done ahead time that I can.

Jeremy and I were relaxing after we did a little house work and his parents came over and brought us dinner, mostaccoli. It was very nice of them to do this and very appreciative. It was the first time his dad has been over to the house since we have been pregnant and he got to see the nursery furniture!

So this past week at work I've been in alot of meetings since its winding down to my maternity leave and let me tell you that this one has a very good chance of being an accountant with all the number talk!

No comments: