Thursday, March 26, 2009

Week 36- family

Well I have received lots of comments that I have really popped out this week.


We've been watching the NCAA tourney. Purdue just lost and it brings back memories for daddy when they lost in the Sweet 16 when he "played" at Purdue in '98.


more hiccups for the little one. It is just so neat to experience this... now that I know what they are!

bob's been very cuddly with mama... in fact here is some of his typing skills. I was working on the couch tonight and he decided to help me and also wanted some lovin'.

+***********************************************************************


My mom came over this week to look at the baby shower pics and I also made a book and she loved it. She also complimented me on my blog and how wonderful it is that I am doing this. I've received lots of compliments too from alot of my friends and family (Debbie, Mary, Andrea, Lisa, Pauline, Lisa... the list could go on) I just want to make sure that I capture my memories as best as I can during my pregnancy. I am glad that I have friends who have blogs and were a great example for me to follow and do this!

we had our doctor's visit on Friday and my weight gain is 26 pounds so far. My blood pressure was 108/64. I am so thankful that we are doing good in this department. The heart rate was 132-136 and the doctor said we are right in the middle so again the little one is playing tricks on us. My dad thought we were having a girl in the beginning (kinda like everyone else) and now he is changing his mind that the little one might be a boy. I passed the GBS test so no infection to worry about passing along to the baby! Thank you God!

Friday afternoon I met my mom at Dzie Dzie's and he still thinks I am having 2 babies, but he did change and say a boy and a girl. All along he has said twin girls. I asked him for name suggestions and he said Tammy for a girl and Sammy (after my dad) for a boy.

On Saturday the 28th, my dad stopped over in the morning and visited with us for like 2 hours. He felt his grandbaby move... some really good movements too. I am so thankful that my parents are really involved and every chance they get they are around us. My parents are always touching the belly and I know that the little one recognizes this!

Saturday night we had Aunt Julie's 50th birthday and had lots of fun. It's always a party in Jeremy's family. The family is huge so there is literally something going on every weekend. Next weekend we have a 1st birthday party to go to! Important things to celebrate in life!!! At the party, Grandpa asked us if we had any names for our little one yet and asked if we are going to name a boy Jeremy and a girl Samantha. I would like to do Jeremy as the middle name for a boy, but Jeremy doesn't want to do that (at least I haven't convinced him yet.... stay tuned if we have a boy). Jeremy's dad told us at the party that he cleaned out a drawer in the kitchen that will be for the grandbabies... currently the intention is for the bibs, sippy cups, etc. So cute!

So I do think we are getting closer to names. I think we have the boy names down to about 3 now. regardless of what we name our boy... Adam will be calling his nephew Jackson... he wants us to name our boy (if that is the sex) Jackson Daniel.

On Sunday we went to church and little one was active like normal. After church we went to breakfast with my parents and also ran into Aunt Lisa, Aunt Julie, Aunt Kelly, and Uncle Bill. I was surprised to see Aunt Julie considering we celebrated her 50th the night before. Birthday girl did great!

On Monday, I got a surprise visit from Kristen, Tyler and Brayden. They brought me over chocolate charlie (one of my favs), a bath robe for the little one and then bringing back the memories from high school and college were Kristen's moms homemade cookies. They are so yummy and one of my favs too!!! I had 4 that night with 3 huge glasses of milk!!!

So I can officially say that I am addicted to cookies and this can be another craving. Jeremiah at work made some homemade chocolate chip cookies and I had 4 of them at work. I had to go downstairs and get milk from our training center. I've had lots of cookies this week, but also about 2 gallons of milk to go along with it!

So Riley, Russeau and Bob are all sharing space around mama. They follow me around the house and are around me on the couch. Bob and Russeau are even right next to each other and I think they finally realize that the baby is going to be the most important person for them. They are going to be so protective over this little one and already know the baby items in the house. We have the swing, pack and play and bouncy seat set up downstairs in our living room and today, Russeau was sleeping under the swing. He is going to be the guard dog that will let me know if something doesn't sound right. Riley will be the super protective one that will be watching people hold the baby and be right there. Bob will be the fun one for the little one to play with. It is going to be so much fun watching them all grow up together. Riley and Russeau just turned 5 a few weeks ago and Bob will be 5 on May 17th so it will be interesting to see how they react to the little one in the house.

Jeremy is offically the back rubber. He is getting used to rubs on the upper back. I don't have lower back pain yet, but I am sure that will be coming. The other night I had a leg cramp and almost kicked him in the face. I didn't have to say leg cramp and he knew. He said he didn't even open his eyes, he just rubbed my lower calf until the pain went away.... such a good hubby at 3:00 in the morning.

So this week has started me getting up 3-4 times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. The baby is "lowering" and my bladder can't hold as much anymore. Jeremy hasn't had to help me get up in the middle of the night yet but I am sure that will be approaching soon. I can't believe the little one can pretty much arrive anytime now.

Jeremy and I have been talking about setting up the bank account for the little one once he/she arrives. It's one thing that needs to be discussed and then how we are going to plan for our little one's future. My parents each had bank accounts with me and deposited a certain amount each paycheck since I was born. This was a huge investment and also helped pay for my college. I would like to carry this on for our little one and plan for that education! Ecucation is very important to Jeremy and me and we want to instill that into our little one. Mama needs to finish her Masters and catch up to daddy so she can set that example for her little one. Grammie has her masters. Gramps is currently finishing his bachelors degree. I am so proud of my dad for going back to school and finishing his degree. It's taken him such a long time... since I was a freshman in high school and now he just has 3 classes left! That is what I have left for my Masters.... how ironic.

No comments: