Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week 35- Dreams

March 19th- we had another doctor's appointment and my weight gain so far is 24 pounds. Blood pressure was 104/68. I measured a 36 which is a week ahead, but right on still. The heart rate for the little one was 148-150 this time and the head is down! The doctor said a boy for his guess today. This is the first time we have heard boy from any of the doctors. We did our GBS test as well to see if I have an infection that will pass through the baby through the birth canal. If I do have it they will give me antibiotics. We find out the results next week at our next appointment. We are now going to weekly appointments. This is getting to be in the home stretch for the arrival of our little one!



So during this pregnancy, my cravings so far have been pineapple, apples, caesar salad, peanut butter sandwiches, raspberry sherbet with ginger ale, chocolate cake, french onion soup, chocolate chip eggos.



The taste that have changed for me during pregnancy is my love for Italian food isn't really there anymore because it gives me heartburn. So this tells me that the little one does have daddy's taste for food because Jeremy isn't the biggest fan of Italian food. Jeremy says "sweet, taco bell buddy".



So I am finally progressing on my hospital bag. I just have to decide what outfit I want to come home in and then pack the bag. I have everything on the guest bed and just need to organize and pack my bag!



Jeremy finally got the video camera ordered this week. He was told at Christmas to get one and now here is it 3 months later and he finally made the purchase!



The UPS guy knows our house now because of all the deliveries lately from gifts from out of town friends and family and then stuff that we have ordered. He told Jeremy the other day I was looking for the 3 little alarms to go off (Riley, Russeau and Bob).



So Riley has become really protective over me and she loves to lay on the belly and keep Bob and Russeau at a distant from me. She is nesting too... she is gathering all of her stuffed animal toys and also a blanket and makes a nest. Bob and Russeau come over by me when Riley is outside or if she is sleeping. We are going to have 3 curious dogs for the little one. It will be very interesting to see how they all will interact with each other!



March 21st- Jeremy and I went shopping for a rocker for the nursery. We went to Babies R Us and also Lanser's, the Natural Way. I have it narrowed down to a chair at each and there really isn't a huge price difference between the two so I just need to decide what I really want since I will be spending lots of time in this chair with the little one.



So today wasn't the most comfortable day for me. The little one was snuggled up against my right rib and also towards my right side of the back. Out of the almost 36 weeks, 1 day of uncomfortableness isn't bad. So I can't complain at all.



March 22nd- We went to church and the little was active as usual during mass. We did arrive late as I had to eat breakfast and wasn't moving to fast. After mass we had brunch at Houlihan's with Adam and Elizabeth, and Jeremy's parents. Then we had a memorial service/tribute to Grandma Swartz at the funeral home. It was very nice for the funeral home to remember everyone's losses during 2008. Grandma had about half the place dedicated to her, which was great to see in her memory.



So when they say pregnancy dreams can be weird its so true. I've had a dream that our little one came out with 8 teeth... that was a little freaky. I had a dream on March 18th that we had a baby girl on March 18th that weighed 8 pounds... alot of 8's on that one. If it would have been 13... I would have gone to the priest as that would have been too freaky.



Jeremy's prediction for due date is April 27th. I am thinking April 30th... we shall see with this little one. I will try to post our prediction every week now as it gets closer to the due date. During the first few months of pregnancy until now we thought we were having a girl, just based on the old wives tales, but now we aren't sure as this little one is playing tricks now!



I will say it completely amazes me that with the head being down and I feel something in my right rib and then something to the left and low of my belly button that I am trying to figure out if its the butt, foot, elbow, knee.... it is just awesome to know that our little one is growing and stretching all around in my belly.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Good to read the update! I love how you are keeping such thorough detail about what's going on each week.
Just a note about the rocker - David bought us a glider that I LOVE!! My recommendations are to make sure you have an ottoman (to put your feet up), look for something with padded arms, and make sure that the chair is super soft and comfy - you're right, you will spend a LOT of time in the chair. I had nights that I even tried to sleep in it when the boys were infants because they wouldn't stay asleep unless I was holding them. It would be nice if the chair reclines, but mine didn't and I survived. I still use my chair every night to rock the boys and read bedtime stories :) It's definitely a purchase that will be used quite a bit! Good luck with your decision!

Kathy said...

One more thing! If it's a glider, make sure it's not squeaky AT ALL. Mine doesn't make a sound, but I read lots of reviews when researching chairs and many people complained that once they got a chair home in a quiet room they could hear squeaking when they rocked. Not what I'd want to hear at 2 a.m.!