Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week 33- Baby Shower #2











Beth, Laur, Charlie, Pam and me (with the little one).




Well I was so excited after the shower that when I came down to go to work on Monday, I was just too excited when I saw the living room that I decided to take the day off and organize all the gifts that the little one received. We had our whole front room filled with bags and boxes of baby items! We are truly very lucky to have received so much for our little one and appreciate it so much.

After organizing all the gifts, my mom and Jeremy's mom came over to look at everything. It took me all day on Monday to organize everything with taking several breaks in between to rest. I did about 8 loads of laundry from the clothes, blankets, bedding items, etc that we received that needed to be washed. I actually managed to put it all away during the week as well with Jeremy's help of caring the laundry baskets upstairs so I could organize the dresser drawers for what we had. I have managed to fill our hutch with the receiving blankets and bath items... the hooded towels, washcloths, etc. (however I think I am going to move this to the guest bathroom which is now the babies bathroom) I have organized or dresser drawers by size of clothes from bibs and burp cloths, newborns, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, anything after 6 months and will just rotate the drawers as the little one grows!

During the week I also managed to get all the thank you cards written from our Sunday shower so that was a task in itself! I just wanted to get as much done as I could as soon as I could because you never know when this little one wants to make an arrival!


Wednesday we had our doctor's appointment and I have gained a total of 23 pounds. I measured a 34, which is a week ahead of where I should be, but I am right on. My blood pressure was 118/72, but I was talking in the middle of it, oops. So this was a little high for me, but still very good. When it came time for the heartbeat, our doctor had the handheld doppler with gel on the tip and then gave it to Jeremy. Jeremy said "I get to do it" it was so neat as I know the doctor's appointments are so monotonous at this point, but so happy that Jeremy hasn't missed one of them! I am not very good with medical terminology and Jeremy can understand more than I can so in case something happens, its good to know that he is a smartie and can ask the questions and listen too! He is the listener... I am not! So he had the doppler and put it on my belly and immediately found the heartbeat! He knows his little one already! The heart rate was ranging from 138-143 on the doppler. We shall see in a few weeks if this means a boy or a girl!

At the shower I received a few more boy guesses and I think I am up to a total of 12 boy guesses and about 500 girl guesses.... only time will tell!

On Friday, we joined Jeremy's parents for a fish fry at ZB Falcons and it was good to visit with them and hear about how they are planning for their grandchild. I know my father in law is planning on taking out the ponds and putting in a play area for his 2 grandchildren that are on the way. They are also planning on purchasing a swimming pool device that lets you know if something has splashed in the pool and alarm will be set off. Not that the little one will be left unattended, but it is always good to have safety features in place! I am already planning on our little one doing swimming lessons between 6-9 months of age. I just want to talk to the pediatrician about this to make sure it is recommended. I figured with Jeremy's parents having a pool that our little one better know how to swim sooner rather than later!

Saturday I had my second shower with my Saint Mary's girls. Laur, Pam and Beth all came into town to celebrate and do a Sami/baby day. We started the day off by going to the spa and I had an ice cream pedicure with Lauren. We had so much fun just sitting there together chatting and talking about our dogs and just catching up. Next I had a facial and this was so relaxing. Something that I needed too! SO now I have pretty feet if I go into labor in the next few weeks and my face feels so soft. I really needed it as my face has been dry.

Next it was shopping at the mall... how could we not have a girl day without shopping involved! We then decided it was time for dinner and decided to do Hacienda. At dinner I told the girls that I wanted to take them for dessert to a restaurant called Yesterday's. I have been craving sweets lately and can't get enough in me. After dinner though we decided to go to the Notre Dame bookstore, but first we got side-track by making a visit to Zahm hall to look at the donation Beth made to Zahm hall in Mike's name and also a plaque in his honor.

For those of you who do not know, Beth lost her husband to melanoma 2 years on March 15th and she has done amazing with spreading the word about Melanoma. She does a race each year in her hometown in his honor and has raised enough each year for a $25,000 grant!!! Keep it up Beth!!! Pam also gave us a gift over the weekend. She found these cool bracelets that say "I will Reflect" they are clear and when you have too much exposure to the sun, it changes the color of the braclet to pink to let you know that you need sunscreen on. Everyone make sure you get your moles looked at once a year... I've had too many friends who have passed away or been diagnosed with melanoma.

So we pull up to Zahm hall and realized that campus is really quite... it was spring break. If you can imagine, 4 girls, 1 prego trying to break into a boys dorm. 10 years ago it wouldn't have been a problem, but apparently now it was pretty hysterical as it was raining and we were knocking on the boys dorm door for someone to let us in. We called the rector, assistant rector, the RA's and as Lauren was knocking on the door the whole time, finally 2 guys came down the stairs and opened up the doors for us and didn't question a thing! We made our way to to the basement as Beth's donation went towards a new entertainment system and TV for the guys that Mike was apart of for 4 years at Notre Dame. It's funny because the 4 of us girls all spent alot of time in Zahm hall in college and have some awesome friends to this day. It truly is family on the campuses of Saint Mary's and Notre Dame. We found the plaque of Mike in the entertainment room and also took pics! We visited the chapel in the dorm and reminisced about some awesome memories that took place in the dorm. Oh the decade dance from back in the day. Too much fun with all these girls! After we took pics, Beth and Pam decided to play ping pong and they lost the ball under the chair and we gave up, however we didn't laugh as hard as we did at that moment because it was quite entertaining for us girls to be in a guys dorm without the guys there.

After the dorm, we went to the bookstore and Beth did some shopping. After the bookstore, it was time for dessert. I took my girls to Yesterday's and as we were waiting for our desserts to arrive there was a special guest in the house.... but first I have to describe the story. So my back was to this small room at Yesterday's and I looked in the room and noticed that this woman looked familiar... didn't think anything of it. Later Pam says "hey there is Charlie" now all of us know who Charlie is since we are all huge ND fans. Charlie Weis was having dinner there with his son and wife. His son was blocking him and that is why I didn't see him. They were finished with dinner and Pam, Laur and I were scared to ask him for a pic, but Beth who is the traveler and also has the camera with her asked him as he was walking by and he said "the wife is gonna get mad... make it quick" we all jumped up and had our pic taken. We also told Charlie that we had a domer on the way. He just smiled and said great! Now if we have a girl I am hoping she will go to Saint Mary's like mama and if we have a boy hopefully he will go to ND just like daddy. I know it will be up to the little one and what profession he/she decides, but with Jeremy and me both loving ND I think it will be hard to grow up in the household not being a Notre Dame fan!

So after dessert, we decided to head home and open up presents. Again our little one is just so loved and we are very lucky to have very special friends that are going to be wonderful aunts to our little one. Thank you girls!!

The girls did get me a shirt that has a picture of french fries on it and the caption reads "Pardon my french" now if anyone knows me... french fries are my favorite and I always don't have the most proper language. My girls know me so well! I can't wait to wear the shirt because it fits my personality to a tee!

All of the girls were able to feel the baby move and I was just so happy!!!

So while I was having girl day, Jeremy was busy putting the big items away for our little one, setting up some of the items in our living room and also cleaning the floors with the steam cleaner and he cleaned the house. It took him all day on Saturday to do all of this. He is such a good hubby and so glad that he does the cleaning... the cleaning gene skipped me and Jeremy is hoping that the little one gets this gene from him and not me!

On Sunday we visited Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe for Aunt Joan's 78th birthday! Aunt Joan felt the baby move right away and I moved to let Uncle Joe feel, but the baby had moved enough. Finally we ate and then the little one was active again and Uncle Joe was able to feel the little one move and the little one gave him some big movements too! He was just so excited to feel the little one. In fact, Aunt Joan called me later in the week to let me know he was talking about it and it just made his day!

On Monday, we had our newborn class with Adam and Elizabeth and learned about sponge baths, changing a diaper, how our time will be spent after the baby is born and just some things to plan for. Thank goodness we already thought of a few things, for instance, my parents are taking time off to be with me and the baby and will be helping me with food and cleaning, which will help out so much as I am sure I will be sleep deprived from feeding the little one every 2-3 hours!

So the little one has found my right rib. he/she isn't too bad, but I am sure that as I get further along that this little one is so comfortable in that position. Also, my left butt cheek hurts in the middle, which either the baby is sitting on a nerve or my body is getting ready for delivery. Also I have noticed the pelvic area being a little more sore than usual, again getting ready for delivery! I can't believe about 6.5 weeks to go!!!

I will post some pics when I get them loaded to the computer!

No comments: