Thursday, June 25, 2009

2 months old

Addison and daddy, Grandpa, Uncle Adam and cousin Harrison

Great Uncle Jim with Addie

Daddy with Addison on Father's day. she was passed out.







daddy giving her a bottle on father's day



Addison smiling at Grandma





4 generations- Addison, me, my mom and Dzie Dzie







Grandpa with Addie






my dad with Addie








look at that precious smile!!!

Monday June 15th- Well I went into work to get a few things done today and also pick up some work to do at home this week. I am not back to work, but need to get a few things done. So while I went into work for about 2 hours, my mom stayed and watched Addie. I know that she enjoys time with Addison and I am so happy that they get to spend time together. I think it is very important for her to be with her grandparents!

Today would be the day that tests all parents.... Addison had her first round of shots. I fed her about 45 minutes before we left (I thought this was good timing, but it wasn't). our Doctor told us to give Addie some Tylenol about an hour before she comes in for her shots. Well I didn't look at the dosage amount until 3:00 and her appointment was at 4. the dosage said call your doctor for under 2 years of age. So I called the doc and they told me .4 ml. I was able to give that too her and then we were off to the appointment. Daddy was meeting us there from work. Daddy hasn't missed one appointment. He went with me to all the pregnancy appointments and he is going with me for the shot appointments.

So as we are waiting in the waiting room, we of course are celebrities... I should say Addie is. The girls just love her that work in the office (it helps when I have gone to the same doctor's office all my life) we just have a new doc because my old one passed away, but still have some of the same people working there which is nice. So now Addie gets to experience the royal treatment. So we go back for her shots. First she has to get her measurements done..

Addie weighed 10 pounds 12 ounces. She had gained 4 pounds in 6.5 weeks!!! Her length was 22 1/4. both in the 50th percentile. Her head measurement is in the 75th percentile. She is doing great growth wise and keeps on improving!

So as we are waiting for the doctor to come in and check her out she decides to get alittle fussy. I was a bad mom and didn't bring her a bottle and didn't want to feed her since the doc was coming in so she fussed while she was looked at by him. We asked him a few questions and the one that we asked was should we be swaddling her still. He said it didn't matter right now since she isn't rolling over and just to do what she is comfortable and sleeping with. Well Jeremy and I have been working on getting out of swaddling (she gets her arms lose anyway) and didn't know if we were rushing this or not. we asked about tummy time too as I've been working on that, but not all the time. It's kinda when I put the mat out for her to lay out on with the pillow. he said for me not to worry about it as most babies do not like being on their stomach at this age. Addie has her moments when she likes tummy time and when she doesn't.
So after the doc left he sent in his nurse to do the shots. Jeremy was in charge of holding her down and my job was to talk to her. I was so preoccupied by watching her face and talking to her that I didn't even watch the nurse give her a shot. She got a total of 3 shots and 1 oral vaccination. Addie screamed when her shot was given.... she even held her breath and her faced turned red, but she was a trooper. after the nurse was done and left the room, I nursed her. we got this advice from Becca, one of our friends who has a 4 month old daughter now and she said that really helped Annika. I knew Addison needed a feeding and also wanted her to feel safe for going through the pain she was in.

When we got home I made sure that Addie was kicking her legs and moving them as much as possible. We also had a visitor, our neighbors Jen, Maddox and Coen! We took a walk with them and Addie fell asleep in the stroller. We were probably outside for a good hour and it was nice for her to get some fresh air!

We decided to swaddle her tonight since she probably needed all the rest she could from getting shots. She fussed alittle when we got home, but then she was fine. We went to be at our normal time and Jeremy and I both kept checking on her in the middle of the night because we had to watch for a fever. She slept the whole night.... I decided to wake her at 6 am because I was so nervous that she didn't have a feeding from 9:30 the night before.... that is a long time for a 2 month old. Her first night sleeping the whole night and I didn't get much sleep because I was up checking on her constantly... I guess that is how it works!


Tuesday- June 16th- today we had lunch with daddy at Red Robin. Addie slept for the most part. She did wake up to check things out, but then went to sleep. She was admired by the wait staff and also by 2 older couples... the "grandpa's" came over and asked about her and really took to her. It was so cute.
We also went to work today and Addie had all the attention on her. I also had to fed her at work... that was interesting for the first time feeding her in the wellness room. Once I did that, she was fine and good to go!
Addie slept from 9:45-6:30am today! 2 nights in a row where she slept the whole night!!! Could this be the start of her sleeping through the night? I worry though that she isn't getting enough food, but I am always reassured when people tell me that she will wake up and let me know if she is hungry. I do constantly check on her throughout the night!

June 18th- Thursday- today we had lunch with my mom at Olive Garden. We introduced her. Addie pretty much was awake the entire time and was just so content in her car seat. She did really good. We also did some shopping with Addie and got alot of stuff done for her Baptism party.

June 19th- Friday- today daddy had off and I went to work to get a few things done and then I met E at the mall to do some shopping. I got to watch Harrison for a few while Elizabeth tried on some clothes! He was such a good baby and gave me tons of smiles. Addie had some alone time with daddy and they had a great time! She took a bottle for daddy and they had play time!

My parents also came over today in the afternoon and spent some time with Addison. We had a cookout and celebrated father's day with my dad.

Addie slept 9:30pm-3:30am today.

June 20th- Saturday- My baby turns 2 months!! I can't believe that Jeremy and I created a human being. I can't believe that we have such a beautiful daughter and I thank God everyday for her. We are very lucky.
Today Jeremy and I had a date and we saw the movie hangover and Addison went to her Grandpa and Grandma's house for the first time for them to watch her. She got to see a worm that Grandpa found. She went outside by the pool and she also relaxed inside too. We got a good report that Addison was very good while mama and daddy were gone! It is weird being away from her and I told Jeremy when we were walking in the movie theater that it is just so different not having her with us.

Addie slept 10-4:30 today

June 21st- Today was father's day and we started off by visiting dzie Dzie and seeing my dad. We then went to Jeremy's parents house where everyone was at and celebrated with his dad. Addie pretty much was crashed out the entire time while we were there. Daddy gave her a bottle and relaxed with her a bit.

This week Addie has really:

found her hands to her mouth... she does this constantly
Since we do not swaddle her that much anymore she sleeps in the "touchdown" position. arms up by her head. It's so cute. I need to capture a picture of this.

she follows objects really good right now, but I know this will only improve with time.

She coo's!

She smiles when she is waking up and you get her in her crib in the morning.

She is really doing a great job of holding her head up for a longer period of time now.

She is starting to grab at things... especially mama's hair!

No comments: