Friday, June 19, 2009

7 weeks old


Russeau decided to join us for night night ( he still has 2 eyes in this pic)
one day this will be hers
a future SMC chick

smiling at daddy

in her swing

Addie found her thumb
a small smile
Addie with Grammie
Close up of Addie
Grammie with Addison

June 8th- I had a dentist appointment so my mom stayed and watched Addie. I also ran into work to get a few things done (even though I am suppose to be on maternity leave). my mom said Addie did so good for her. She did struggle taking a bottle, because she doesn't have many bottles so its not a surprise that she didn't like it too much.

June 9th- we visited Dzie Dzie with my mom and Dzie Dzie sang roll out the barrel to her. Her first polish polka. My mom danced with her as Dzie Dzie and her sang it to Addie.

June 10th- Today was Addison's first adventure to a restaurant. We met Anne for Lunch at logan's. We requested the back room and we were teh only ones in there as the section was closed, but they let us sit there. She did great and woke up a few times, but went back to sleep.

Grammie came over and visited with us. We always have fun with Grammie!

June 11th- Today was not a good day in our household. We ended up in the emergency room with Russeau. Short story... Russeau only has one eye now.

June 12th- Today I went to the spa with my mom as I am in a Tim and Jenny's wedding and mama needed a makeover... it's been a year since my hair has been highlighted and I needed it bad. So while I was at the spa, daddy stayed home in the morning with Addie and then Gramps watched Addie in the afternoon until I got home. It was the longest I have gone without seeing Addie. From 9:30 to about 3:00 in the afternoon. Addie did good though. She fussed with the bottle for daddy and gramps but she took it. Gramps and Grammie purchased playtex bottles for her since she wasn't taking the Dr. Browns or Avent. I am hoping that she will take those bottles later because we have quite a few of them.

Tonight was the rehearsal dinner with Tim and Jenny. I went and left daddy with Addie. It had been a long night since we didn't get Russeau until 6am and then we had to go to our vet this morning and it was just stressful. Russeau is one of our "kids" so it sucks having to go through this. I had fun at the rehearsal, but I didn't go to the dinner because of what had just happened in our house in the past 24 hours. I was just exhausted and plus we have to keep the dogs separated now and that is a task in itself.

June 13th- Tim and Jenny's wedding! My mom came over around noon today and watched Addie while we had the wedding (I was a reader in their wedding) and then we went home after the wedding and then got Addie a nap and we went to Ben and Gina's where the gang was at and hung out with them for a few. IT was great to hang out with the friends. It is so weird being away from Addie though. We got home around 10:30 and my mom put her to sleep in her crib. She was just so content. She wasn't swaddled and she slept really good for us. She is "starting" to get used to not being swaddled.

June 14th- Today we celebrated Dzie Dzie's 84th birthday with a party for him. It was a few weeks postponed but we made it! It was great to be with him and for the family to get together. Addison was great. She was awake for a bit and then decided to sleep alot. We showed how she kicks her right leg and she just goes to town with it!

This week we have noticed Addison:

follow you - she will lift her head backwards as you are leaving the room if she is laying down to follow her.

she definitely gives us more smiles

she loves to kick her right leg (we call it kick-starting)

she likes her swing and looks at herself in the mirror and watches the mobile

when she is sleeping she will let out this cry and we are like what is wrong, but then she falls back to sleep right away.

she loves to stare at the fan and the lights

she doesn't like things on her feet... she kicks off a blanket (just like mama)

so many people say she looks like Jeremy and my dad (round face...tiny lips)

when we get her in the morning/or the middle of the NIGHT for a feeding, she has scooted all the way to the end of the crib. I predict we are going to have a mover early. Jeremy will have to childproof earlier before later!

Jeremy's nickname for her is Squidgy or Squid monster

Russeau is always by her side. He still guards her room and helps me with the 3am feeding. He always keeps an eye on her.

She loves bath time. Riley and Russeau even join us too. It's still routine for the little ones to be in the bathroom with me while I get ready and now when I say "Bath time" for Addie to know... they go running into the bathroom and they wait. So cute!

No comments: