Thursday, June 25, 2009

9 weeks- Her Baptism!

Her in her 4th outfit for the day... with Great Aunt Lisa- Her lounging by the pool outfit!

This is what she got from Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Adam and cousin Harrison. Elizabeth made it when she found out we were pregnant!!


Jeremy showing off his mini-me! she is currently in her third outfit for the day! (her after-Baptism outfit)

Andrea, Elizabeth and Addie

Emo (my Godmother and Aunt), Addie and me

Addison, me, Sean (my cousin), and Pauline (my cousin)


cousins!! They are 3 months apart

Godmother Andrea with Addison!
her cake from Macri's!

"Aunt" Adeline, me, Grandpa, Addie, Jeremy and "Aunt" Joyce


our family

my parents, Jeremy's parents with us



Godparents! Andrea my BFF since freshman year in high school and Adam, Jeremy's brother!
us with Father Warner




Monday- June 22nd- today was the after baby shower at my work. It was the fourth of 4 showers! Everything was so nice. They had tons of salads, homemade desserts and just so nice that everyone was there. Everyone got us tons of books for Addison and her book collection and a gift certificate to the spa for me. We haven't done much reading to date and this will get us started. I usually sing her the alphabet, do numbers and shapes with her. That is usually the extent of our "education" time. Now we get to add a bunch of stories now! Addie was very good at the shower today. She was held by a few people and even fell asleep a few times. It was surprising to me because I would have thought she would have fallen asleep on the car ride over, but she is more and more awake now during the day. She only really takes "cat" naps.



Tuesday June 23rd- we went shopping with grammie today. We had to get items for her Baptism party at Sam's Club. We also did lunch at Olive Garden (again)! Addie was awake the whole lunch and did good. She kept herself occupied and just enjoyed the noise, talking and lights!

Wednesday June 24th- today we had lunch with Meg! Addie did so good at lunch. We went to Barnaby's and she was awake the whole time enjoying our girl talk. she even chimed in a few times to talk herself and also gave a few looks for what we were talking about. I can't imagine in about 16 years what she will be saying and doing in high school.... it will be interesting.


Later, Grammie stopped over and visited with us for a little bit and we ordered more pictures online!

Thursday- June 25th- Today we went shopping with my mom! We went to Kohl's, Macy's baby gap, sam's club and a few other places. Addie received some adorable outfits from Grammie today! We are so lucky to be spending so much time with Grammie and that she has the summer "off". So far we have seen Grammie everyday except for maybe 5 days total. I can't believe Addie is 9 weeks old and my mom has only missed 5 days of seeing her.

After we went shopping, we went to see Dzie Dzie and I was holding Addie and Dzie Dzie was waving to her and she moved her hand and Dzie Dize was so happy that he said "she waved at me" how cute was that!!



We then came home and daddy got home from work and watched Addie while mama enjoyed her first girl's night out dinner with Andrea, Meg and Lisa! We did these before I was prego, during the pregnancy and now after the pregnancy! It is so different being away from Addie for a few hours. I am always wondering if she is eating (taking a bottle), happy, crying, talking, sleeping...etc. I got home and she was so content and happy with daddy that it was awesome. It's good for her to spend her alone time with daddy too and for them to bond.


When I got home I put her to bed, but we are starting a new tradition since Jeremy is kinda left out of whole process with me breastfeeding her that he is reading her a book every night. We read eight silly monkey's and chica chica boom boom.


Friday- June 26th- Addie slept really good last night. She went to bed around 10:00ish and slept until about 4:40 in the morning. She is getting really great about this and lets mama get some sleep, however I really don't sleep as I still check on her. She isn't swaddled anymore! We accomplished that early on!

Today my mom brought over lunch and she watched Addison while I took Russeau to get his sutures out. Poor little guy, but he is adjusting really well to just seeing with one eye. As soon as he come home and relaxed a bit, he took a familiar spot...underneath Addison's swing in the living room. He slept there, even though she wasn't in it.

We then went over to Jeremy's parents house for dinner. We enjoyed some fresh vegetables from grandpa's garden! Addison loves the car rides (for the most part) and she stays awake a majority of the time, which surprises me because most babies fall asleep in the car. However when Addison was in my tummy and I was driving she was active too. She did really good at Grandma and Grandpa's house and even enjoyed a little fresh air under the cabana/bar thing.

Saturday June 27th- Today was getting ready at Grandma and Grandpa's house for Addison's Baptism since her reception was going to be here. Mama did some cooking and setting up, grandma made her famous potato salad (mom tried to help when she could). After everything was organized because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to party planning and I go overboard that I was able to relax a bit and enjoy dinner with them and Adam, Elizabeth and Harrison. Jeremy did great today at watching Addie and keeping her entertained while I was able to get some of her party stuff done!

Sunday- June 28th- Today was Addison's very important day to become a member of the church and declare her faith (well I guess mama and daddy decided that for her). Our faith is very important to Jeremy and myself.... even though we don't attend mass every week, we do pray and have God in our lives. I try to do prayers with Addison every night when I put her to bed. I want her to get in the routine of praying and being thankful for what she has and also praying for the needs of others. Jeremy and I also had a big decision on who her godparents would be as we do not take this lightly. We wanted godparents who were strong and believed in their faith and who would be great role models for her when she grows up. We want godparents that she can go to and be comfortable with discussing anything and receiving the same advice that we would tell her too! We chose Adam, Jeremy's brother, and Andrea, my best friend from high school (who I've known since 1992). We know they will take care of our daughter and not take the responsibility of a godparent lightly either! We are very lucky that we have them in our lives for her.


Addison started the day off in a beautiful silk pink dress that my cousin Lisa bought her. She wore this to mass at the Basilica. After communion, me, Andrea and my mom went to the car to change her into her Baptism while gown and nurse her too. Andrea also gave her her present. She gave her a beautiful pearl necklace. This tradition was started by Andrea's godmother and she is starting it with her goddaughter. Every year on her birthday, we add a pearl to her necklace so by the time she is married, she has a beautiful pearl necklace to wear. How awesome is that! It is just so perfect! So Addison received her first piece of jewelry (a very nice piece I might add).


Addie also received her first baby rosary bracelet from Aunt Kathy and Uncle Mike. It was too small for her wrist, but she actually held it for a little bit during the ceremony. The ceremony was just amazing and I am glad that Jeremy's dad captured it on video. We just need to figure out how to save this in the future for her to watch. (it's not like we have VHS tapes anymore for this).

We had lots of family at the church celebrating her Baptism and this was so appreciated.

We then had her reception at Jeremy's parents house and Jeremy was so happy that we got this catered by Famous Dave's! It was our first time trying it and they had everything ready for us and it made it easy on mama for less hassle!

No comments: