Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6 weeks old

border="0">Gramps with Addie
Jeremy and Addie after Harrison's baptism.
pics of the Baptism... daddy is Harrison's godfather

Aunt Pam with Addie
sm+029.JPG" alt="" id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5345781458304088114" border="0">Addie with mama and greaT Grandpa
Uncle Kenny with Addie
Addie (I am getting close to catching that smile on camera)
smiling for daddy
look at how big her smile is and how she is looking up at her daddy


June 1st- My mom and I went shopping (again). Jeremy is gonna have to bring home more money so mama can shop... the downfall of staying home, mama spends money...daddy doesn't like that.

June 2nd- I had my 6 week check up with the doc and everything is good to go. I am back to normal. I am within 7 pounds of pre-pregnancy weight. While I went to the doctor, Grammie watched Addie. I also stopped in at work to take care of a few things. Thank goodness my mom was coming over because as Jeremy was leaving for work in the morning he told me that my light was on in the Jeep. He said my battery was dead because I left the liftgate open all night... opps! So when I went to go to the doc, my car wouldn't start at all so I had to take my moms car. Thank goodness she was over to watch Addie. We called my dad and he came over after work and got my car started but said I probably needed a new battery.

June 3rd- So I decided to take a trip to Michigan City with Addie and stopped and got my mom so we could hit some sales at the ligthhouse mall. Carters was having 50-70% off! My mom got to push Addie in her stroller! We hit Carter's and then went back to the car and was going to park at Gymboree and Baby Gap... well the car almost didn't start. My mom stayed in the car while I spent some gift cards and then it was homeward bound. I didn't care if I got stuck at my parents, but didn't want to get stuck at the mall. We eventually made it home and everything was good. I figured with the driving that the battery might charge itself.

Addie has been sleeping ok for the most part... she is in a good routine of sleeping from 9:30-10ish to about 3 in the morning. We are trying to get her out of swaddling and sleeping in PJ's... I am starting to get nervous if she rolls over and can't get back over. Not that she is anywhere close to rolling over, but I am a worrier. Wish us luck with taking away the swaddling. I do have to admit that Addie is very good though because she has been in her crib since day 1 from the hospital. Daddy was very addaminent about that one. He wanted her to be in her own room and in her own bed. She has been doing great!

June 4th- well my mom came over today and we had Addie in the car ready to do some shopping and guess what... my car doesn't start... stupid battery. So I had to call Jeremy for him to pick up a battery and change it because it was ticking me off. My mom and I were ready to take Addie on another shopping trip because she needed a cute outfit for Harrison's baptism that was coming up this weekend. She needed a good church outfit that fir the occasion and that was special. My mom ended up going shopping... bummer that Addie and I couldn't go with.

June 5th- we relaxed at home today. We are trying to increase the amount of tummy time that we do. Addie gives us lots of smiles and it is just the most perfect little smile ever. It just brightens up my day. It is so cute when daddy comes home because he takes her and she just smiles at him for a good few minutes. It's so cute. We continue to do our naked time most days and Addie loves to take a bath. I've switched to the regular bathtub now and not the infant one anymore. She sits in a hammock in this bathtub. She likes the water poured on her and I am hoping that this lasts for her Baptism!

So tonight we tried not to swaddle her... she went to sleep around 11:30 and got up at about 1:30- than 4 - then 6... It was a rough night... her arms kept her up alot since they were free now. Jeremy went and got her and I fed her in bed and then handed her to him and she slept on his chest until 8:45 in the morning.

June 6th= we had intentions of getting up early today and going over to see my Grandpa Totten and then daddy needed a haircut. So I called my dad to let him know we were running late for Grandpa's and that we would be there. We got there and Addie got to meet her Great Grandpa and Great Uncle Kenny and Great Aunt Pam.

After we visited my family, we went to do some shopping and then went to grandma and grandpa's house. We got Grandpa a new ND flag to put up outside.

We did the swaddle thing again tonight and it was still alittle rough... I went 3.5 hours for my first stint and then I was up about every 2 hours after that. Mama was tired in the morning.

Sunday June 7th- Harrison's Baptism today. We took Addie to church for the first time today. We left our house at 10:35ish and made it to church on time. She did really well in church. She woke up a few times, but then went to sleep. Mass got over with around 12:15 and we had Harrison's baptism. Daddy is the godfather of Harrison. I took pics and about 2 minutes left in the Baptism, Addie decided to wake up... she was hungry. So my mom went with me outside and I fed her really quick in the car to tie her over till we got to the reception. I was so proud of her for lasting so long and doing so good in church.

We went to the reception and had great food and visited with family so that is always a good time. We had to leave early because Jeremy was heading out of town for work. His first trip away from Addie. I wanted my mom to stay with us just in case. She stayed with us and Addie had a rough night sleeping again as I tried not swaddling her. She was up every few hours.


No comments: