Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5 weeks old

Nancy with Addie
Gramps with Addie... the pic my dad wanted with his granddaughter


Dzie Dzie celebrating 84 years!! happy Birthday!!!
Russeau protecting his sister
checking her out to make sure she is ok
look at that stretch
Grammie, Dzie Dzie and Addie
Addie holding Grandma's finger
she fell asleep on Grandma
We do naked time like this on teh floor, but she is clothed and Riley was getting kicked by Addie
chilling in her crib
such a big yawn!
Monday- May 25th we had visits from Grandma and I fell asleep on my tummy holding her finger. We also got visits from Grammie and Gramps and they brought stuff over to have a cookout and we enjoyed the afternoon together.

Tuesday- the 26th my mom came over and visited with us (we enjoy having her over) I don't think she has missed but 2 days seeing Addison. Today is daddy's last day of vacation and we decided to venture out and get her some curtains for her room. I had looked online and the curtains that I want from Pottery Barn on on back order so we had to go with step 2.... going to bed bath and beyond. Her first store and shopping experience! We got her pink curtains (alittle too pink) but they will work!

We also went to visit Dzie Dzie today and he saw his great-great- granddaugther today. He showed her off to all of his friends and the doctors and nursing staff.

Wednesday- The 27th- Today was an adventure for us (mama is getting cabin fever and needs to get out of the house) we went grocery shopping for the first time. I was very smart on where I parked the car- next to a cart return so I could put her in the cart as soon as I got out of the car... well needless to say the parking lot sucked and her head bounced/jiggled as I wheeled her into the store.. poor thing. She woke up but went back to sleep. As I was shopping, I thought of Jeremy as I could only put so much in the cart as her car seat was in there.... I couldn't put her on top as I couldn't see over as to where I was going so I put her in the basket part. She did great in the store and then we were half way home and she decided she had enough of our adventure. I got home and fed her and she was happy.

Today was Dzie Dzie's 84th birthday and we visited him again today and had cake with him. We had to go to Dzie Dzie's room for a diaper change and a feeding and my dad came with us. We were able to capture the picture he has been wanting which is his big toe with her foot... he has one of me when I was Addie's age and he wanted to do the same. It came out so cute!

Daddy didn't join us today as he was playing basketball.

Thursday- May 28th- We started the morning off by a visit from Nancy. Addie got her first purse from Nancy and it just is so perfect, along with some adorable outfits and a suitcase that says "going to Grandma's"! I know that she is going to love spending the night at Grammies one day and will have her suitcase to go with!!! I was so happy that Nancy and Addie got to meet as Nancy is a very special person in mama's life and always will be.

As you can tell my mom is on "vacation" from school... she still does work , but I like the fact that she is a teacher and is taking the summer "off" to be with me and Addie. it is a great bonding times for her and me and Addie. Time that we will never get back and so thankful we get to spend them together! So I asked my mom if she wanted to go shopping and she said sure... my shopping meant keeping Addie in the car and then running into a store. I had some shopping to do at Babies R Us and then I wanted to look for her christening outfit. We went to a boutique called Hugs from Heaven in Granger to see if they had any outfits. I went into the store while my mom stayed in the car with Addie. As I picked out the outfit, I asked the lady if I could put at the counter and have my mom come in because it was going to be Grammie's treat for Addie to purchase her gown for her special day. The lady said take it to her in the car.... I couldn't believe it. She let me walk out the store, show my mom... so sweet of her. my mom also reminded me that she needed an outfit for her reception so I picked one out too and grammie treated again! Addie's first boutique experience and we will be going back there!!!

Friday- may 29th- so the past few nights Addison has been sleeping great... she has been doing a 10-3 spurt and then up around 5 or 6 again and then usually up for good around 8am. We are very lucky!!

Saturday- May 30th- We went over to Jeremy's parents house for a cookout. We had to do some Sam's club shopping and decided to pick up some groceries for a cookout and take it over to Jeremy's parents house. Adam and E and Harrison came over and we had a nice family time!

Sunday- May 31st- Addie's first trip to the mall and using her stroller. I had gift cards that I have received as gifts for her and wanted to use them. I was dying to go get outfits for her and do some mama shopping. Daddy had so much fun with the stroller and carting her around. He was one proud daddy whipping that stroller around. Addie did great too!!! no fussing at all!!! She is such a good baby and I am not saying that because she is my daughter, I truly do mean that!!!

So this past week, Addie is starting to smile a little more... still not the full blown out smile when she sees you, but its getting close!! I can't wait for that first... I see you mommy and love you smile! Also Addie is now in Stage 1 diapers...

No comments: