Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gymnastics

Addie has been in Gymnastics since the end of August.  I signed her up for another class.  She was asking all summer with the Olympics being on so off we go to gymnastics class.   Any Michiana goers, I highly recommend Michiana Gymnastics.  I was a bit nervous when  I signed Addie up because the last class we took was  a parent/child class and now that she is 3, she moved up to just kids in the class.  I had several talks with her about Coach Andy and she had to listen to him, but I would be right there.  The first class, parents were able to be visible and watch.  She did great!  She listened, followed Coach Andy and was great with the other kids.  I will say, there is a difference in boys and girls.  The girls in the class are really friendly and listen, while the boys like to wrestle and cut in line.  Coach Andy corrects them, but sometimes they get away with it.  Addie's strong suit in gymnastics is the balance beam, my little girl can rock that!  she has zero fear and just right across it.  I took a video of her and she just cruises right along!  She loves to do exercises at home and constantly she tells me that she is doing her exercises (sometimes just to get out of chores). 

October 4th- We invited our next door neighbor, Papaw, to join us for gymnastics today.  He doesn't work on Thursday afternoons and he was up for the ride.  He is an inspiration because he is legally blind and he doesn't let it stop him.  He took his binoculars and watched Addie go through her gymnastics practice.  I was really hoping Addie was going to perform.  She had slippery socks on so there were a few things that held her back a few times, but she never gives up and still tries.  In one of the routines, there is devise that the kids use that help them climb up the wall (like Superman) and they do a handstand, well Papaw noticed this immediately and said he could make it since he used to do carpentry back in the day.  It is just so impressive for a person who hasn't been able to drive in 10 years that has the passion and desire to keep on doing things and is so generous.  He was so excited to watch Addie and we are very lucky to have neighbors that are like a third set of grandparents for her. 




use those muscles

This is the tool that Papaw noticed right away

She was supposed to do a front summer salt, but instead wanted to do the limbo!

I have to mention that my parents and Jeremy's parents work when Addie has her practices so they can't make it.  I know if it was on a Saturday/Sunday that they would be there in a heartbeat!

No comments: