Friday, October 19, 2012

While daddy is away... Addie and mommy will play

Daddy is out of town for a work conference so it's Addie and mommy for 4 nights on our own!  What shall we do.

Monday October 15th- since this was a tax deadline day, I ended up having to go into the office on my flexible day (usually I do not work Monday's).  Addie went into the office with me since I didn't know how long things were going to take.  I just love my work department as my co-workers just love Addison. So many compliments on how she should model and that she needs a brother or sister!  After being at work for 2 hours, Addie managed to color, help with copying, count my pennies in my desk drawer and just occupy herself in my work area.    After that we left and went to the grocery store and then headed home only for me to be on a few conference calls!  Have to share a funny story.  As I am on the phone with a partner no less, Addie had to use the bathroom and she attempts to wipe for #2, but of course, she had to have me wipe.  Lovely as it was announced for all to hear in the background! 

In the afternoon we had a school project for her to do that we had been delaying.  We had to fill out a poster board anyway we wanted that highlighted Addison.  Since I am such a picture fanatic, I printed out a few pics of family and of her doing things, for example her at swimming lessons, gymnastics, her first roller coaster ride.  This will be hung up in her classroom at school all year long so she will have the comfort of seeing her family.  However, I realized I forgot to put a picture of her and the dogs so I need to snap a few of those because they just love her so much.  Anyway, back to the project.  We had 1/2 piece of poster board to work with.  I had Addison write her name on it and then we would do a little scrap booking with having her cut a colored piece of paper and then place the picture on the piece of paper that she just cut and then place that on the poster board.  Of course, I forgot to capture pictures of all this, but just wanted to document a mommy and me moment!

So after all the work was done for the day, Addie and I ended up playing with her building blocks and marbles.  She is obsessed lately.  We have to do it every night and sometimes not all 100 pieces get picked up and just remain in the living room.. oh well, I learn to pick my battles!

Monday night ended up her and I going up to my bedroom at 8:00 as I hate being downstairs when it's dark outside.  I admit, I do have a fear of the dark.  So I set the alarm, made sure the dogs were with us and then locked the bedroom door, snuggled with her and off to bed we went. 

Tuesday-  Since she went to bed earlier than normal, she was up at 5:00 in the morning.  (ouch).   I wanted to sleep some more because I didn't fall asleep until after 11.  She also got up at midnight with her cough and then her cough got her up at 5:00.   So I managed to just turn on the TV and got her breakfast around 6:00 and then I managed to start getting ready at 6:15.  It was bath morning for her and we had to do her nebulizer (spelling) so that takes about 10 minutes to do in the morning.  Amazingly, we were out the door, lunch packed, bed sheets for school, poster board, my computer bag by 7:45 in the morning! 

So after I got her to school, it was off to work I go.  Of course when daddy is away is when house appointments are being made.  We had the sprinklers guys coming over so I had to be home by 3:30 in order for them to be blown out.  Addison was curious and wanted to see what this was all about and learn about it too.  I did my best in order to explain, but probably more appropriate for daddy to do that one!   I did the simple version of there are pipes in the ground that water our grass and since snow is coming, we need to get the water out of the line so the pipes do not break.   Addison played for a little bit outside once she was bored with the sprinkler at that point.  She decided to play hopscotch in the garage with her own chalk outline!

Now after dinner, we watched Madagascar 3  (rented on the direct tv).  She calls it Move it Move it since the song is in the movie.  Then it was time for a nightly building and then off to bed.



No comments: